GraphicX8000v5_5.wad - [Version 5.5 RELEASED!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
srb2-08.png

b6682ce3a065d924b6f0237a47bb0cbc.gif
*Left -> New | Right -> Old.*
Rings are being changed, although as for the Weapon Panels which are rings only colored... I can't use the new ring to replace the old ones because this ring in fact has 11 colors while the old one has 8 or 9 colors and certain weapon panel rings don't have that many colors to use. *Mainly the Scatter Ring which barely had the right colors to use. Purple & Lavender only have 8 shades.*

The only way I can ensure that it will work is if I remove some bits of the colors to have it fit within 9 at least. Then again... this ring while it shows 32x32 is actually 30x30 but it shouldn't be THAT small, really, or I can leave the weapon panel rings as they are, instead of it being a recolored ring over and over again or something...

srb2-07.png

NiGHTs stuff, such as the hoops and the Wing Logo. *No, it's not a bumper from the S3 Special stages, mind you. It still gives you points.*

Emblems also are spheres but have a gold star and are a sphere and they glow, however I am thinking about changing that in a way... just have to think about what to use for it.

srb2-09.png

How about some spikes?

Last edited:
I think my eyes got destroyed by the pure awesomeness of those pictures! You are the best! Keep going on as much as you can and this MIGHT (And that's a really big MIGHT) move on to textures!

srb2-10.png

Changed the HUD & Special Stage stuff.

srb2-11.png

End of stage tally. *The X Bonus is alined correctly, just lazy to take a fixed picture.*

I have noticed there are two digits for the minutes in your timer. What I've also noticed is that some of the games with my little sister go OVER 99 minutes. I've also joined netgames randomly to have their timers up to about 100-400 minutes. (Mostly dedicated servers) Is there a way to allow an extra digit for the minutes? I'm just trying to prevent something from looking funky before it happens :)

EDIT: This also happens usually in RP servers too.

I have noticed there are two digits for the minutes in your timer. What I've also noticed is that some of the games with my little sister go OVER 99 minutes. I've also joined netgames randomly to have their timers up to about 100-400 minutes. (Mostly dedicated servers) Is there a way to allow an extra digit for the minutes? I'm just trying to prevent something from looking funky before it happens :)

EDIT: This also happens usually in RP servers too.

Unless it's very common for the time to go over 99 minutes and it's not by purposely letting the time go over 99 minutes in the first place. *Like you said, RP servers, which isn't really a good reason to change the time just for that. Dedicated Servers I can understand but I never seen one that has this file added, most likely because not everyone is going to have it.

Last edited:
Been awhile, eh?

effc23ee0b955e4a60bdac48a4ac7700.gif

Super Sonic Transform.
10f19f4f9034e15eb5d2f9518a76c3ba.gif

Active Starpost. *Think Sonic CD where inactive is Blue and active is flashing Red/Yellow, which requires a extra frame.*

I know this isn't much, but eh. I've gotten lazy.

*Edit*
Version 5.5 now released.

Last edited:
Good job, specially with the Super Sonic transformation. I honestly thought that this was kinda forgotten, but I'm glad I was wrong.

How many sprites does the super sonic transform use? Just asking out of curiosity.

By counting them, I think there are 9 sprites. I also looked on an editor, I confirm 9 sprites.

By the way, I downloaded this new version, and I just noticed something which is fabulous to me, because I got my eye on this wad since a long time, it's that these sprites are starting to all keep the same style, the same "way of creation", and this same style adapt them with each others. I'm also starting enjoying to break these bubble-boxes. This wad proves that extravagants and psychedelic sprites aren't usefull ! ~

Soooo, keep up the good work. According to me, your wad wouldn't need of big updating, but only some accurate details fixing.

Last edited:
Oh OK. Well, I really think the emerald sprites and supersonic transform should go into srb2. Definately.

Sure, But that's up to them. Anyway, also confirmed 9 sprites on the super sonic transformation.

There is something about the starpost that I don't like. Perhaps the base of it? I kinda think it's too large but I think I'm being to perfeccionist.

These graphic changes look absolutely gorgeous, keep up the good work.

But here are the complaints:

I think the starpost is a bit bigger than it needs to be, but maybe that's just me.

Since this is a Graphic Mod, why not improve the enemy sprites?

Everything else is just pure awesome.

I think the starpost is a bit bigger than it needs to be, but maybe that's just me.

It might be the base as it's Sonic 1 style, I tried to shorten the base somewhat but I don't want it to look like a toothpick.

I might do a small update for this, not really sure, though.

Last edited:
Pics or it didn't happen. (Sorry, had to)

But yeah, your images in the first post be broken. :< I wanted to see if this was better than v4.2 (My personal favourite so far) ;o

But yeah, your images in the first post be broken. :<
And this is why reformatting the PC without backing up dropbox pics will make broken images, I'll fix them shortly.

*Edit*
Fixed the screenshots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back