GraphicX8000v5_5.wad - [Version 5.5 RELEASED!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys, I was planing to release a small update due to XSRB2 allowing me to edit the HUD display for the Shards/Boss Meter and stuff but I am going to delay this till v6.

srb20018c.png

Here's a image of the Emeralds for now.

Last edited:
I'm late. Anyway, yes, the upgrade to 5.0 is better and fixes some defects.
I have not accessed the multiplayer yet.

You must not change the letters/numbers of the names of levels, the sprites are simple but very effective. Do not always do the psychedelic. I prefer simplicity.
Monitors sprites are a little better, but I feel they are not always correct. I still have that feeling of "small" ... Maybe if they have a square body ?

The rings, well ... I still have the 4.2 version on hand. And I think that the rings were more adapting in 4.2. Rings "too real" in 5.0 seems a little too "forged". It's hard to explain, it will be easier with pictures. Some prefer the rings 4.2, others 5.0. Just look at the pictures and find the qualities / defects of 4.2 and 5.0 rings.
For my part, I think I prefer the old ones on the first pic.
2lc0gaq.png
<== Old
---------------------------------------
25ro2mh.jpg
<== New

s1starpostWIP.PNG

Attempting to redo the Starpost yet again. Thing is though... which one to use... *And hopefully I can soc it so it remains Red after you pass it.*

I was thinking 4 would be good enough.

Pretty cool, it looks like the starpost from Sonic Adventure 2.

I checked your 5th version and I love it. When are you going to stop doing awesome things?

No, I mean, he replaced monitor sprites before, how did he do that?
That was back in 1.09.4 where the Tails & Knuckles lumps where in srb2.srb before being moved into their .plr files during 2.0.

Pretty cool, it looks like the starpost from Sonic Adventure 2.
Uhh... if I recall... the starpost's base in that game was red instead of yellow but the sphere on it matches. This is kinda going to be like the starpost in Sonic 1, but the yellow base of it is different.

Last edited:
Alrighty... it's been a long time, and so it's time I post something here...

HUDBeta.PNG

Here's what the HUD is going to be like. *Haven't set it up in-game yet.*
s1starpostfinal.PNG

This is what the starposts are going to be like, also... when you trigger them, they will remain red instead of flashing colors, think the Sonic 1 Starpost. Speaking of which... if they did flash, then it'll be a Seizurepost. *Of course... it's do able with a soc to prevent it from flashing.*

I should also mention that the X Bonus at the end of each level will be changed to fit in with the number font as you can see in the HUD picture, although what kind of change will that be... well... who knows? Maybe later I'll post something about it.

XSRB2 stuff such as the GROW/SHRINK Boxes and others are being removed, maybe later on I'll add them back in if pressed to do so.

Last edited:
HUDBeta.PNG

Here's what the HUD is going to be like. *Haven't set it up in-game yet.*
s1starpostfinal.PNG

This is what the starposts are going to be like, also... when you trigger them, they will remain red instead of flashing colors, think the Sonic 1 Starpost. Speaking of which... if they did flash, then it'll be a Seizurepost. *Of course... it's do able with a soc to prevent it from flashing.*

Ooh, it's beautiful. This is exactly the type of menu I'm looking for : a colorful menu while being simple.
However .. does the number 9999 can enter into the ring box in the menu ? I feel it is a bit small ...

Regarding the Starpost, the main idea is good, I still have to see if this new Starpost fits to the world of SRB2.

What about rings ? Rings in the level. Did you changed them, will you change them, or not ?

Internet Explorer said:
Ooh, it's beautiful. This is exactly the type of menu I'm looking for : a colorful menu while being simple.
However .. does the number 9999 can enter into the ring box in the menu ? I feel it is a bit small ...
Here's what the max numbers that can fit in the new HUD.

SCORE: 999999999 *Max score is a billion (1,000,000,000) minus 10, saw it mentioned in a bugfix topic.

Originally the score in the HUD before was set to hold only 00000000 as reaching the billions was a very little chance unless someone did grind long enough to get a score that high, but seeing the cap set for it, I finally just went and just made the HUD actually hold up to 9 numbers instead of 8.

TTIME: 99:59:xx *Although I've seen the time go to 100:00:xx before but that was in 1.09.4 and it was on Mystic Realm with people stuck in PAZ1. Not going to change it to hold a extra digit unless someone made a map that lasts that long, and besides... not sure if it's even capped at 99:59:xx anyway in the current verison of SRB2.*

RINGS: 9999 *Yes, it fits 4 numbers.*

So... yea, that's pretty much it, if you need a screenshot...
HUDBetaDetail.PNG

Keep in mind the lone 0 that you see is the Special Stage Rings.
-----
Internet Explorer said:
What about rings ? Rings in the level. Did you changed them, will you change them, or not ?
The Rings are still the same as before, and I don't believe a change for them is needed right now anyway.

Last edited:
srb2-01.png

Here's something to tide you over. *The Blank Item Box is the 1up which of course only works for Sonic.*

srb2-02.png

Emeralds.

srb2-03.png

Hoop sprites have been changed.

srb2-04.png

And made the STAT bar thingy less ugly.

itemlist.png

How about a Item list?

Last edited:
The sprites are progressing very well !

I just hope the boxes will have a good size. I'm not really in the "bubble-wrap boxes" style.
Then, to the menu at the top left-hand corner, the symbol of the score / time / rings are good. The yellow lines around these menus could (perhaps) be better in white, like the white around the head of Sonic in the bottom left-hand corner.
Otherwise ... I think everything else is very nice, I see no problems.
(By the way, you wrote Verison on the title of your mod)

Last edited:
I love everything but one thing. The bubble shape boxes are just weird to me. Im hoping that you change your mind and put something else instead of the bubble boxes.

The Item boxes are pretty awesome, execept the Random item box.

The random item box should have a black "background" instead of a grey one. But hey, the grey one doesn't look bad either.

Internet Explorer said:
I just hope the boxes will have a good size. I'm not really in the "bubble-wrap boxes" style.
These Item Boxes are in-fact even bigger than the default item boxes... these are 34x40 which the old ones I think were 32x34. I think it's just because of the screenshot is what makes them look small.

Internet Explorer said:
Then, to the menu at the top left-hand corner, the symbol of the score / time / rings are good. The yellow lines around these menus could (perhaps) be better in white, like the white around the head of Sonic in the bottom left-hand corner.
I kinda went with the gold part because you know how RINGS, TIME, SCORE were yellow? I had it Gold one time then I just went with that to have it match in a way, but I'll go back with white/grey or I could shade it differently.

Internet Explorer said:
(By the way, you wrote Verison on the title of your mod)
Fixing that now... thanks.

I love everything but one thing. The bubble shape boxes are just weird to me. Im hoping that you change your mind and put something else instead of the bubble boxes.
In-game it should be fine, not to mention I do have a idea with the Item Boxes but I'll wait till 2.1 comes out so I can see what frames are being used and such. If that still doesn't work out I can just change it again.
----------
srb2-05.png

srb2-06.png

The invisibility sparks have been changed and also instead of 2 sparks there's 4 and yes it does cycle correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back