I need a few questions answered...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKth22

1. How do you add custom cut-scene images? I've looked all over the wiki, and didn't even find cut-scene images even mentioned but in four articles... none of them helpful...

2. What are the basics of creating things IE scenery, monitors, bosses? Again, these are NOT issued in the wiki... mostly. There ARE tutorials for how to create these, except they skip the basic knowledge needed to know in order to create these things, and the tutorials simply "assume" you already know how to do so. These skills the reader is assumed to know are not specified nor explained very well in the wiki.

3. How do you add a .SOC file to a .WAD file? This was answered in the wiki, but not in the slightest amount of detail. It simply said to "insert the .SOC into a .WAD using any map editor." I see nothing that allows me to do so in SRB2 Doom Builder...

4. Is it possible to create player-doppelganger things? Basically, can I make it so you can see another thing copying your every move and sprite?

5. How do you add level header images, for things such as level selection? Basically, same deal as question 1...

6. How do I open maps other than GFZ1 in SRB2.srb in SRB2 Builder? After 2.0.6 was released, it seems only GFZ Act 1 can be viewed in SRB2.srb on SRB2 Doom Builder. I find SRB2.srb to be a good learning resource, but now am unable to access it. Is this a glitch exclusive to me, or is it affecting everyone? And how is it able to be fixed?

7. I made a custom FireFlower Monitor for a Mario/Match level, but when it respawns, it creates a green Sonic rather than a new monitor. How do I fix this?
Wadfile Maincfg entry:
Thing 318
MAPTHINGNUM = -1
SPAWNSTATE = 1793
SPAWNHEALTH = 1
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 50
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 0
PAINCHANCE = 1
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 0
DEATHSOUND = 0
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 131072
RADIUS = 524288
HEIGHT = 917504
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 4063232
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = 33591824

Thing 319
MAPTHINGNUM = 417
SPAWNSTATE = 1791
SPAWNHEALTH = 1
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 8
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 1791
PAINCHANCE = 0
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 1793
DEATHSOUND = 119
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 95
RADIUS = 1048576
HEIGHT = 2097152
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 318
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = 1048582

FRAME 1791
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 0
DURATION = 2
NEXT = 1792
ACTION None
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0

FRAME 1792
SPRITENUMBER = 77
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 0
DURATION = 1
NEXT = 1791
ACTION None
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0

FRAME 1793
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 1
DURATION = 18
NEXT = 1794
ACTION A_MonitorPop
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0

FRAME 1794
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 1
DURATION = 0
NEXT = 1795
ACTION A_CustomPower
VAR1 = 27
VAR2 = 54

FRAME 1795
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 1
DURATION = 0
NEXT = 1796
ACTION None
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0

FRAME 1796
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 1
DURATION = 18
NEXT = 1615
ACTION A_CustomPower
VAR1 = 17
VAR2 = 1
I did copy the Super Monitor Wad. So credit goes to FuriousFox, who did give permission to reuse however one likes. So I'm (pretty) sure I'm not breaking any rules... <.<; Now, should it be easier to do so, instead of fixing the monitor, how would I change the fireflower to set it to respawn in match mode like coins, rings, monitors, etc.?​

Last edited:
1. How do you add custom cut-scene images? I've looked all over the wiki, and didn't even find cut-scene images even mentioned but in four articles... none of them helpful...
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Cutscenes#Pic1Name

How is that not helpful? You just add an image and reference it here.

2. What are the basics of creating things IE scenery, monitors, bosses? Again, these are NOT issued in the wiki... mostly. There ARE tutorials for how to create these, except they skip the basic knowledge needed to know in order to create these things, and the tutorials simply "assume" you already know how to do so. These skills the reader is assumed to know are not specified nor explained very well in the wiki.
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Enemy_Creation_Guide

I don't know what basic knowledge is missing, so give us a hint what you need to know.

3. How do you add a .SOC file to a .WAD file? This was answered in the wiki, but not in the slightest amount of detail. It simply said to "insert the .SOC into a .WAD using any map editor." I see nothing that allows me to do so in SRB2 Doom Builder...
Wrong, it said "using a lump editor", unless you looked in the wrong place and found an error I haven't seen yet.

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SOC#MAINCFG_.26_OBJCTCFG

4. Is it possible to create player-doppelganger things? Basically, can I make it so you can see another thing copying your every move and sprite?
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Actions

Look if you can find the actions that do this, but I doubt it is possible.

5. How do you add level header images, for things such as level selection? Basically, same deal as question 1...
You're right in this case, that is indeed not where it should be. But it is explained here: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SLumpEd_Tutorial#Importing_Files

Last edited:
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Enemy_Creation_Guide

I don't know what basic knowledge is missing, so give us a hint what you need to know.

I don't know either; That's what the problem is!

Wrong, it said "using a lump editor", unless you looked in the wrong place and found an error I haven't seen yet.

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SOC#MAINCFG_.26_OBJCTCFG

I looked over the tutorial, and I realised I just misread it... Suppose that's no surprise considering I read it at 11pm when I usually go to bed at 8:30pm.

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Actions
Look if you can find the actions that do this, but I doubt it is possible.

Um... which type of actions would I be looking for?

You're right in this case, that is indeed not where it should be. But it is explained here: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SLumpEd_Tutorial#Importing_Files

Um... thanks! :D

How could you complain that stuff is missing from the enemy creation guide, but not know what it doesn't explain?

I'll grant you that it's tricky to get the hang of. I recommend you use Morph's SOC tutorial; it's by far the best guide to soccing that I've seen.

How could you complain that stuff is missing from the enemy creation guide, but not know what it doesn't explain?

Well, unless I misread the tutorial, I believe it said it was skipping the "basics," without even iterating (non-vaguely) what the "basics" are.

Also, another question came up:
6. How do I open maps other than GFZ1 in SRB2.srb in SRB2 Builder? After 2.0.6 was released, it seems only GFZ Act 1 can be viewed in SRB2.srb on SRB2 Doom Builder. I find SRB2.srb to be a good learning resource, but now am unable to access it. Is this a glitch exclusive to me, or is it affecting everyone? And how is it able to be fixed?

Last edited:
All of the maps were moved to zones.dta to make future updating less painful.

I'll grant you that it's tricky to get the hang of. I recommend you use Morph's SOC tutorial; it's by far the best guide to soccing that I've seen.
That tutorial will probably need to be rewritten, but I personally don't know much about SOCcing. Also, you would be looking for actions that copy the player's moves, obviously. I doubt they exist.

Thanks for all the help guys, but I still gots me another question. <.<

I made a custom FireFlower Monitor for a Mario/Match level, but when it respawns, it creates a green Sonic rather than a new monitor. How do I fix this?

Wadfile Maincfg entry:
Thing 318
MAPTHINGNUM = -1
SPAWNSTATE = 1793
SPAWNHEALTH = 1
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 50
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 0
PAINCHANCE = 1
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 0
DEATHSOUND = 0
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 131072
RADIUS = 524288
HEIGHT = 917504
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 4063232
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = 33591824

Thing 319
MAPTHINGNUM = 417
SPAWNSTATE = 1791
SPAWNHEALTH = 1
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 8
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 1791
PAINCHANCE = 0
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 1793
DEATHSOUND = 119
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 95
RADIUS = 1048576
HEIGHT = 2097152
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 318
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = 1048582

FRAME 1791
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 0
DURATION = 2
NEXT = 1792
ACTION None
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0

FRAME 1792
SPRITENUMBER = 77
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 0
DURATION = 1
NEXT = 1791
ACTION None
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0

FRAME 1793
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 1
DURATION = 18
NEXT = 1794
ACTION A_MonitorPop
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0

FRAME 1794
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 1
DURATION = 0
NEXT = 1795
ACTION A_CustomPower
VAR1 = 27
VAR2 = 54

FRAME 1795
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 1
DURATION = 0
NEXT = 1796
ACTION None
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0

FRAME 1796
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 1
DURATION = 18
NEXT = 1615
ACTION A_CustomPower
VAR1 = 17
VAR2 = 1
I did copy the Super Monitor Wad. So credit goes to FuriousFox, who did give permission to reuse however one likes. So I'm (pretty) sure I'm not breaking any rules... <.<;

Now, should it be easier to do so, instead of fixing the monitor, how would I change the fireflower to set it to respawn in match mode like coins, rings, monitors, etc.?

Mario mode disables ALL projectiles except for fireballs, and that's pretty damn lame. I dunno bout the flower issue, but you can't have weapon rings, AND Mario mode/fire flower fireballs.

Mario mode disables ALL projectiles except for fireballs, and that's pretty damn lame. I dunno bout the flower issue, but you can't have weapon rings, AND Mario mode/fire flower fireballs.

I was unaware a motionless, immobile, monitor, counted as a projectile... I didn't WANT to add weapon rings. <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back