A problem I'm having with SRB2 Doom Builder (New Problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Ninja

I had to re-download SRB2 Doom Builder, and now ervery time I try to make stairs with an amount of stairs other than 8, I get:
Code:
Runtime Error '457': This key is already associated with an element of this collection

The stair-converter is rather buggy at the moment, I'm afraid. I'd suggest making stairs manually instead.

Oh. Well that sucks, I suck at manually making stairs.
EDIT: The Useful Things and Hazards sections are gone. Where is the stuff from them?

Oh, thanks. I wasn't prepared for such major changes. I got everything, and now I can get back to my wad (If I can get better at stairs).

Sky Ninja said:
Oh, thanks. I wasn't prepared for such major changes. I got everything, and now I can get back to my wad (If I can get better at stairs).
You might find the 'gradient floors' option feature. Split your sector up into individual stair sectors, set the top and bottom stairs to the correct floor heights and then select the stairs in order and choose 'Gradient Floors' from the Sectors menu. It'll set the floor heights of all the intermediate stairs.

Sky Ninja said:
Okay, but can I use that to make the eliptical stairs (curving up)?
No, the heights always vary linearly. With some care, the stair generator can be used, but it's temperamental. Try experimenting some more. And save first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back