Help with Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought it today and installed it.
The game works prefect but i have a problem:
Master Chief,the Convenants and every other person in the game are grey...
Can someone help me?

My prossescor:
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80 Hz 2.80 GHz 504 Mo of RAM

P.S.:It's Halo 1 PC.I would buy the 2,but i don't have a DVD-ROM drive. :(

My friend has a similar setup to yours. My guess is that you're using the Intel 865G graphics chipset - integrated, 96MB "card". Otherwise known as "Intel Extreme Integrated 2".

While the game will run fine (Albiet, in 640x480 with rather low settings all around), the SPARTAN characters (Aka, Master Chief, and others in multiplayer mode) will be a white/grey colour, as for the Covenant, I do not know, since I haven't seen him fighting any.

Nothing can be done about it, as far as I know. You could attempt updating your drivers.

I have no idea how to fix it. I play on my laptop and everything looks so low-def, I can't even see explosions. But I can still deal with it in Multiplayer.

Likely a hardware malfunction or driver failure. Or, the card simply doesn't support the colorization method that the Master Chief models use on the textures. Alpha blending I think? Meh.

Either way, try updating your drivers, and if that fails, you'll need a new video card. If you can't run Halo 1 PC properly, Halo 2 will definitly not run.

Speaking of which, I installed Halo 1 recently in preperation of Halo 3...

Ok,but how do i update my drivers?
And i can get a new video card without having a whole new PC?
And before getting a video card i should get a DVD-ROM drive...

You can buy a new video card, but you have to make sure it matches your PC. And if your computer is pretty old, even a couple of years, then you can't get the most powerful video card there is. But even the ones that matches your computer are still good enough.

Drivers probably won't help. Your best bet is to get a new video card. Check inside your PC if it has an AGP or a PCI-E slot, and get a video card that supports the one you've got.

Halo 1 or Halo 2 Vista? Halo 2 requires one hell of a card to run at a decent speed, I know that it won't run on a GF6600 at full spec, I just hope I'll be able to get it to run well on a 7300 till I have the money for an 8800GTX :/

cueball61 said:
Halo 2 requires one hell of a card to run at a decent speed, I know that it won't run on a GF6600 at full spec, I just hope I'll be able to get it to run well on a 7300 till I have the money for an 8800GTX :/

You can't even run it 'full spec' on a Geforce 7600GT. The only video settings that affect settings that affect performance are resolution, anti-aliasing and level of detail. Resolution is what it says it is, anti-aliasing allows you to either use 2x or 4x settings to smooth the edges of polygons, and level of detail ups the texture quality... trouble is, you need a rather beefy amount of RAM to get it to run properly on highest level of detail settings. Laggy as hell on -just- 1GB. The video card itself probably requires a nice amount of memory to boot.

I can get it to run fine in 1680x1050 with 4x AA. Only trouble is, it's somewhat slow, and lowering the resolution and/or antialiasing does nothing at all to help.

Hard_core_gamer62, ignore his post. He was tempbanned anyway.

As far as video cards go, I bought mine for 75 bux about two years ago and it's able to run Halo 1 PC at max settings around 30 fps. Ofcourse, Halo 1 PC isn't exactly a good port, or was programmed very well either, because I can run Half Life 2 at max settings at 40fps o_o

Installing it can be simple or frustrating depending on who you are. You need to make sure you unplug any source of power and keep the computer off a surface that can attract static electricity. Usually a table works. Do not put system components on carpet. There's probably going to be a few slots near the back of the computer on the motherboard; you may need to unscrew a "placeholder plate" to put the card in. Once done, carefully put the card in its place, preferably with your hands completely washed and dried, and screw it into place.

Don't blame me if it doesn't work, either ;D

furyhunter600 said:
Hard_core_gamer62, ignore his post. He was tempbanned anyway.

As far as video cards go, I bought mine for 75 bux about two years ago and it's able to run Halo 1 PC at max settings around 30 fps. Ofcourse, Halo 1 PC isn't exactly a good port, or was programmed very well either, because I can run Half Life 2 at max settings at 40fps o_o

Installing it can be simple or frustrating depending on who you are. You need to make sure you unplug any source of power and keep the computer off a surface that can attract static electricity. Usually a table works. Do not put system components on carpet. There's probably going to be a few slots near the back of the computer on the motherboard; you may need to unscrew a "placeholder plate" to put the card in. Once done, carefully put the card in its place, preferably with your hands completely washed and dried, and screw it into place.

Don't blame me if it doesn't work, either ;D
Um...
Video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back