Winamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superflip96

Now loaded with Calcium!
Is winamp better then windows media player? Tell me you input and oppinion. I would like to know if I made a good choice downloading it.

The "Better media player" is up to you, mayn may say Winamp is better, while others will go for WMP. Anyway, good choice in downloading it? What would you lose if it wasn't?

I use it for files WMP can't handle, like Emulated music types (NSF, VGM, SPC, PSF, et al.), music modules (.MOD, .S3M, .XM, .IT), and OGG files. Otherwise, I'm too used to WMP to go any other way.

Like Shadow Hog, I too use Winamp for those special music types. Unlike Shadow Hog, I use Quicktime player for MP3s. It's fast, simple, easy.

I'd say Winamp is better, but if we're talking about Windows Media Player 11... I'd have to go for that.

I used to use Windows Media Player, but I switched over to Winamp because of the extra functionality and skinnability. I use Winamp to listen to internet radio, and I may make a skin once I figure out how skins work.

I primarily use Winamp because it's easier to use. I, for the life of me, can't figure out Windows Media Player outside of double-clicking a file.

Winamp's features are cool and it is easy to use. I use it to watch videos and to hear music. I think it is much more useful than WMP.

But im only going to use winamp for inportant reasons now that i have herd some opinnions, besides why waste the new windows media player 11 i got?

Bigboi said:
It really whips the llama's ass.

Shoot, you beat me too it.

Well, I personally like winamp because its easy to use. Also I love changing the skins once in a while beacause its fun to mess around with.
I really gotta learn how to make one....

I prefer WMP, it loads faster, and with a plugin it works fine with OGGs.

Although I still have Winamp just so I can play OC Remix Radio.

While that's true, I've turned it off in most cases for them. In fact, it's only set for default (By my choice) MP3 playing in Firefox. The rest I have set as alternatives. So really, it's not so bad.

Shadow Hog said:
I use it for files WMP can't handle, like Emulated music types (NSF, VGM, SPC, PSF, et al.), music modules (.MOD, .S3M, .XM, .IT), and OGG files. Otherwise, I'm too used to WMP to go any other way.

Search for OGG player on download.com and there is a driver that allows WMP to run .ogg. I like WMP better.

I use Winamp for music and nothing else. I play videos in WMP or Media Player Classic.

Winamp is my choice player for the following reasons:
- It's sickeningly easy to set up multimedia keyboard buttons.
- The plugin system rocks. I don't need to install any cryptic audio codecs if I want to play more than just MP3s.
- I can arrange the player components however I want them.
- Classic skins. I've not seen a single freeform skin that I could use for more than five minutes. Winamp 2 4eva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back