Problem with my WAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

I am currently working on a tails walker WAD by replacing a silver WAD's sprites and it all worked perfectly on my previous tests as I progressed in my WAD but when I reached the falling sprites part I get an error saying this:

Untitled-2.png

Advice?

The names of the sprites are case sensitive, and some lump editors such as XWE will make everything automatically upper-case unless you tell it not to in the options. Check the sprites near the bottom, SILVa1, SILVb1, etc, and if the frame letters are upper-case instead of like the examples above, change them back.

If that turns out not to be the problem, you should probably upload the wad so others can take a closer look to figure out what's wrong.

The names of the sprites are case sensitive, and some lump editors such as XWE will make everything automatically upper-case unless you tell it not to in the options. Check the sprites near the bottom, SILVa1, SILVb1, etc, and if the frame letters are upper-case instead of like the examples above, change them back.

If that turns out not to be the problem, you should probably upload the wad so others can take a closer look to figure out what's wrong.

Is there a special way to change them to remain lower-case? For when I had tried to Right-click>Rename and renamed it to SILVa1 it had still remained as SILVA1.

EDIT: Nevermind, I had found out how, thanks for the help you have been very helpful for this situation of mine :)

Last edited:
An easier, shorter, storier answer is:

1) Open SLADE
2) Edit -> Preferences -> Editing
3) Use percent encoding if needed outside of Wad archives.

Boom, now small letters stay small.

If you haven't tried SLADE, then use it instead. It's the only one that actually has some support for SRB2 and is actually still being updated.

I say "try", though, because SLADE has always been weird. On my main gaming+modding computer it works fine, but on some other computers I have it always crashes, but if I run it from a copy I put in my Dropbox it then is fine sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back