Official stages appearing in Mod's Stage select and save slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit them out of the level select using your own custom headers. IIRC it's "levelselect = 0" or something.

That sorta worked, but I, nor any other modder, should have to do this.

Last edited:
Yes, you should.

The reason is that the way the MAINCFG works is that it overwrites the previous values in the game. If you don't have enough levels to override the levels in the game, it won't remove the levels you didn't override from the level select because they're still there.

This is working as intended.

You know, I thought that SPSTAGE_END would prevent this, not allow it to happen. To me SPSTAGE_END implied that single player and Savefile Stage select would end at the specified level. Not End Single player at this level but continue to list all official levels that were not overwritten.

At least when the mod's done I won't have to worry about this.

This is the difference between MAINCFG and a traditional level header. A traditional level header creates new, blank values and then puts the information on top of that. The MAINCFG doesn't bother and will just assume the old values are fine unless you tell it otherwise.

It worked exactly the same way. The only thing you can do (until you have enough stages) is to create a map header for each official level in the MAINCFG, containing the level number and the ability to be selected set as 0.

Sounds to me like the new Level select is less like unlockable Level select than I thought. Because even when I did all that, this still happened:

glaber in the bug topic said:
Whatthe.png

Notice anything odd?

This is not the normal game, this is my mod SRB2 The Past. and when you clear a game with out all the emeralds and then go back and collect them, this happens. I have SPSTAGE_END set as level 3, but it looking like special stages are overwriting this. I also have EggRock's headder in the Mainconfig like this:
Code:
Level 24
Levelname = EGG ROCK
Act = 3
MusicSlot = 26
NextLevel = 1102
TypeOfLevel = 6145
Weather = 0
SkyNum = 22
NoPerfectBonus = 1
TimeAttack = 0
LevelSelect = 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back