How do I configure XWE again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to figure out how to make it properly detect the pallete, but you can force it to a different one. Select any image in the wad, then go to Image > Select Pallete. (You'll need to do this any time you restart XWE)

If you haven't already done so, you will need to save the PLAYPAL lump from SRB2.srb into XWE's Palletes folder, or you will not have2.0's pallete selectable anyway.

I don't get it, how do you get the palette to XWE? I was away when we were told how so could someone explain to me step by step? Like how do I get the PLAYPAL lump?

Load a copy of srb2.srb and select PLAYPAL in the Entries list. Go to 'Entry > Save As...' in the menus, and save it to XWE's Palletes folder with a name you'll remember. Restart XWE.

The next time you bring up Select Pallete, look for the name you gave the pallete.

Why are the colours inverted with the new palette? Is is because the colours from the old palette have different numbers than the new one?

Yes, actually. You will need to select Doom's pallete, export all the images you need converted, switch back to SRB2's, then re-import the files to the wad. If you still have the source files to begin with, just import them again with SRB2's pallete selected.

Either way, you'll probably want to touch up the images to make sure there aren't any strange anomalies.

Yes. I can verify this with having done the exact same thing to retrieve images out of a 1.09 version of my own character's WAD.

Note that if you do it wrong (ie some pallete other than Doom is selected when exporting or some other pallete than SRB2 is selected when importing), the colors will still be scrambled.

Soc's statenumbers and thingnumbers changed (and of course there is a bunch of new stuff). Their order makes more sense now. The unpleasent side effect is that, yes you have to remake socs from older versions...
:|

If you are using many freestates maybe MultiFrame's "Shift frames" option might come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back