Help with XWE toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tails24

I accidently hit minimise or something on the XWE toolbar and now I can't get it back, and can't edit anything! I tried re dowloading it but it is still the same. Someone, please help! (I actually joined only to ask this)

Pressing F11 should bring the menu bar back. When you get that back, click on view to get any other hidden menus back.

Thanks!! I've been trying to fix that for months (and I did hit all the F#s but maybe I accidently skipped F11) Thank you again!

Oh... but when I renamed it said error in frame or something... is there something I need to rename it to?

EDIT: Now it says missing patch in texture blue01.... I never touched the textures

You probably don't have "Don't auto capitalize lump names" on. Go into view, and then click options. Then click the entry list tab and check the "Don't auto capitalize lump names" if there is no check in there.

I don't think it violates Rule 12; my interpretation of that rule was taking the sprites from the game, throwing yellow paint all over it, and calling that a new character. Which IS what most people have been doing.

Sure, this character isn't all that interesting to me, but even a crude drawing is miles better than abusing MSPaint's Flood Fill tool on the official sprites.

Edit: nvm about that

Don't worry, I can sprite good and I probably will fix him up in the future(only relesing him if he comes out really good), but he is more a wad just for me.

Torgo, thats what is happaning (the letters becpme lowercase) but when I try to edit them it doesnt work. So I hit view - options - entry list but it doesn't say it.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8411/38387958qv9.png

Do you know why?

You have an old version of XWE. You need the latest beta of XWE which can be found here. You put the beta exe in the 1.16 folder, and then you should be able to have lowercase lumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back