Axis Point Not Found!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the things (rings/axis/tranfers/lines/etc) in the map

But when I hit the Ideya Drone. It gives me the:

Axis Point Not Found! script.

Whats going on?

Dark Warrior said:
There are some example wads at the bottom. Haven't tested those myself, they're Digi's. If they're complicated, let me know. I'll try and get a simpler one to you.

It looks like you did a really neat job, here. :)

Though here's your problem: The NiGHTS track needs to loop. It currently doesn't loop.

It looks like it does, though, doesn't it? The thing is that you can't have an Axis Transfer Line going from the last axis to the first. It has to be a regular axis transfer. Looking at your map, the last axis transfer is actually flagged incorrectly; it's flagged 0x01, but it should really be flagged 0x28 (decimal 40), to identify it as the "Last to First" transfer.

As for making a line from the last axis to the first, you're going to have to change up that part of the track, or come up with a workaround (mine are unreliable.) I haven't been able to make a line, myself.

EDIT: Whoops; that actually didn't fix it. But those limitations are still stagnant. I'll take a look at this later.

Digiku said:
It looks like you did a really neat job, here. :)

Though here's your problem: The NiGHTS track needs to loop. It currently doesn't loop.

It looks like it does, though, doesn't it? The thing is that you can't have an Axis Transfer Line going from the last axis to the first. It has to be a regular axis transfer. Looking at your map, the last axis transfer is actually flagged incorrectly; it's flagged 0x01, but it should really be flagged 0x28 (decimal 40), to identify it as the "Last to First" transfer.

As for making a line from the last axis to the first, you're going to have to change up that part of the track, or come up with a workaround (mine are unreliable.) I haven't been able to make a line, myself.

EDIT: Whoops; that actually didn't fix it. But those limitations are still stagnant. I'll take a look at this later.

Got it to loop but the problems still here.

I also caught the ideya drone off the axis as well as some other points.

Fixed it but still doesn't work. D:

Send me a link to the newest version. :)

Another potential problem I noticed is that some of the axes are wrapped around 75% (3/4ths) around at certain points of the track. Axes only work up to halfway (1/2) around, and after that halfway point, you need to have an axis transfer. Otherwise, Super Sonic gets stuck. To go more than 1/2 around, overlap another axis and transfer to that, going however longer you need. I only skimmed around the map quickly, though, so I'm not sure if there are any such cases.

Digiku said:
Send me a link to the newest version. :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tivpaa

Digiku said:
Another potential problem I noticed is that some of the axes are wrapped around 75% (3/4ths) around at certain points of the track. Axes only work up to halfway (1/2) around, and after that halfway point, you need to have an axis transfer. Otherwise, Super Sonic gets stuck. To go more than 1/2 around, overlap another axis and transfer to that, going however longer you need. I only skimmed around the map quickly, though, so I'm not sure if there are any such cases.

I might need to redo the map now D:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back