SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i agree to the trems the things are alreayd checked and I download but each file CANNOT BE READ DUE TO THIS ERROR.

It still won't let me do it....

Says the same error...

Over and over again...

Am I missing a part for this?

There's something on the site about VB6 runtime components. I think that's Visual basic, but I could be wrong.

Hi, Oogaland

Could you add a way to position the "Bar" without having to edit a file to do it. There should be "Bottom" (Default), "Left", "Right", and "Top". (I don't really know what that bar is called. It contains the info about that sector, line def, etc...)

Sonict

Actually, good idea. That's the main reson I use normal doom builder.

Also, could we be able to toggle upper and lower textures?

If you're running XP, then the Administrator (probably your Mum and/or Dad) can limit the stuff other users can do, so that way they don't install random crap, or change the system-wide settings.

Curses....

And my mom thinks it unsafe to get SRB2 doombuilder...

How can this do any harm? All i will do is make a few levels.

I told my mom and she said that she look into it...

I may get it wish me luck....

She can "look into it" all she wants. Fact of the matter is, there's nothing to research about SRB2 Builder. MAYBE DooM Builder. But she'll probably find reviews about a bloody violent game and keep you away from it. So, yeah, she can't really look into SRB2 Builder. Everything she can find out about it is right here. Though, I WILL point out, SRB2 Builder is NOT DooM Builder, and the files contained aren't what you'd see in DooM Builder. It can't hurt your machine, because there's no malicious code, blah-blah-blah...It's safe, but this post probably won't do you any good.

I have to go to class in three minutes. So let's see what I can answer in that time:
  • It's no longer necessary to have normal DB installed.
  • You must have Administrator privileges to install SRB2DB -- it registers an OCX.
  • You should be able to position the bar in the options, I think on the Interface tab. The only reason the bar defaults to being on the left in this build is that I didn't reset all my settings when making the default config file. This'll be fixed next time (bottom is a more sensible default).
  • Neither SRB2DB nor the VB6 runtime components cost any money.
  • You can get the VB6 runtime components here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&DisplayLang=en. I'd be very surprised if you didn't have those already, though. I think Windows XP ships with them. And if it's failing to install, it's definitely not a VB runtime problem.
/me dashes off.

An SRB2 Doombuilder Bug

Hi, Oogaland.

When I wanted to load srb2builder to possibly start an entry for the upcoming contest. It would crash and burn on every map that I have made.

Faulting application buildersrb2.exe, version 1.68.0.399, faulting module buildersrb2.exe, version 1.68.0.399, fault address 0x0013cd6e.

How to reproduce this:

1) Go to the control panel and load the regional options.
2) Under the Languages tab, Check "Install Files for East Asian Languages"
3) Under the advance tab, change the Language for non-Unicode programs to "Chinese (PRC)"
4) Restart computer and try loading any of your maps and try to work on a map.

This results in SRB2Builder crashing which IMO shouldn't happen. I have a feeling that this will never be fixed as it is, but this only occurred because in order to test out this private server for a game, I had to change the language so the client wouldn't crash in odd spots. The language got changed to what I showed you. I have now disabled it as the private server is currently bugged up atm.

Hope this helps you out,

Sonict

Hello, Oogaland.

While I was working on my match level for the contest I got SRB2builder to crash consistently so I will show you how to reproduce it.

1) Have a ready made level and copy a sector
2) Open up a second copy of srb2builder and make a new map with a sector
3) Paste the sector that was copied into the new map and cancel it before you put it down where you would want it.

Move the cursor around a bit and this is the result:

Faulting application buildersrb2.exe, version 1.68.0.399, faulting module buildersrb2.exe, version 1.68.0.399, fault address 0x0019a433.

This crash affected the second copy. The first copy didn't crash along with the second one.

Sonict

I don't think I've ever had SRB2DB crash on me, and I've been creating insane (8000+ linedefs) levels with it...

Then again, I don't go changing my language to Chinese or open more than one instance of the program at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back