Chrome's help topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatian

KartKrew™
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Well, I was following the wiki, making sure I did everything that the wiki asked for. I have the image of the texture I want, but it won't show up in texture list.

Wiki said:
Now click in the menu bar Entry → Load. Find the image you want to use as texture file and select it. Rename the lump name if necessary to use eight characters or fewer. You should now see your texture in the list to the right.

It just won't show up in the list to the right.

Save it as a Doom flat. There's a button that appears on the bar when you click on the image.

Oh, sorry.
Refer to here for information on textures. Remember, wall textures and floor textures are entirely different to make.

Uh, I think it was a typo, I believe I meant to put "you should see the texture in the list to the left". Sorry I will fix that.

I see my image to the left labeled PMG, and there is an empty TEXTURE slot that has no textures. Is this good or bad?

You are using XWE for this right? I am guessing you did Entry → Load (Raw Data) instead of Entry → Load. You have to use just Load. If that doesn't work, make your image a bmp instead then load it. You have to delete the lump that shows up as PNG of course. Then follow the steps after that Entry → Load step, and you should see your custom texture in the TEXTURE2 lump.

I noticed that the pnames zip did not come with a TEXTURE 2 lump. Should it have?

Actually, I believe if you have srb2.srb as your source, you don't need to put PNAMES and TEXTUREx in your wad, because XWE does it for you when you right click > add to PNAMES; TEXTURE1 (it only does texture one, but you can delete the regular SRB2 patches and rename it to TEXTURE2 if you want).

Also, none of the textures you use, whether it be flats or patches, can be PNGs. Use BMP or JPG, but PNGs don't agree with XWE at all. It'll just be a blank patch. Just save it as a common other image type, and you should be fine.

no. I believe the TEXTURE2 lump doesn't even work. The wiki has the proper PNAMES and TEXTURE1 somewhere.

Actually, TEXTURE2 does work; I would know, because I use it. Anything beyond TEXTURE2 does not work, though. Also, by experience, I know that XWE does automatically add the standard SRB2 PNAMES and TEXTURE1 lumps when you right click a texture (with P_START and P_END, of course) and select either "Add to PNAMES" or "Add to TEXTURE1".

=|

Ok, the texture is in the patch, but I got this error when I loaded the wadfile with the texture in it into my map.

Code:
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch BLUEW2 W
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch BLUEW3 W
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch COMP4 EN
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch COMP5 EN
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch COMP6 EN
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch DCTOW 1
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch DCWIN1 W
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch DCWIN2 W
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch DIRTW RW
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch WEB1 W
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch BLUEW1 W
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch DIRT3 L1
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch DIRT4 L1
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch MMA AL11
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch MM9 AL11
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch MM8 AL11
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch DIRT2 11
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch RED1 4
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch RED2 4
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch RED3 4
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch YEL1 4
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch YEL2 4
 WARNING: Could not find the required lump for the patch YEL3 4

What did I do wrong?

that's why TEXTURE2 doesn't work. It causes those errors. Using TEXTURE1 should fix you problem.

TEXTURE2 never does that to me, lol. I honestly have no idea what you did wrong. D:

Try TEXTURE1. It's easier to work with. It's better if you're new to this, I guess.

srb20050.png

Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back