Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you happen to have sounds of Blaze spindashing or jumping from SR or '06? If you have any of those sounds, I'd love to have them. =D
Blade T. Hedgehog said:
Very good! The only thing I sugjust is that you give the spin item the fire tag. (or whatever you call it)
I would give the spin item the fire tag, but the custom spin trail has already taken up the slot. I'll remember to put the flame trail that the fire shield has in the silent version, since the custom spin trail will be removed from that version.

Good to see you're keeping it up. A few notes though...

1. Maybe her spin frames could colour change as well? Make the purple of the spin trail into a shade of orange, too.
2. The back of Burning Blaze still needs the shading to match the other frames. Give the superform tipping frames as well just for the sake of completeness.
3. The side and back-diagonal frames don't seem to have any good foot movement or none at all. Can you improve on this or is that just the best you can do?
4. Change the Eggman monitor and end sign to those of Eggman Nega for the Sol Emerald WAD.

Sonicboy The Hedgehog said:
THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST WAD EVER!
Nonsense, Blade's Cream WAD is going to be the best WAD ever! ;) Sometimes I wonder how SNNTails would sprite Blaze, though. I bet my shorts his would be way better than mine. :P
Sonic The Dalek said:
1. Maybe her spin frames could colour change as well? Make the purple of the spin trail into a shade of orange, too.
Good idea, I'll get on it. I was also thinking of changing her spin trail's color to green so that it changes color with the player.
Sonic The Dalek said:
2. The back of Burning Blaze still needs the shading to match the other frames. Give the superform tipping frames as well just for the sake of completeness.
I'm working on it, you don't need to repeat yourself. ;)
Sonic The Dalek said:
3. The side and back-diagonal frames don't seem to have any good foot movement or none at all. Can you improve on this or is that just the best you can do?
Do you mean the running frames? The back-diagonals should be fine, maybe your PC is skipping frames. Although the side angles could use more work, but this might be the best I can do on those frames, maybe somebody could help me out?
Sonic The Dalek said:
4. Change the Eggman monitor and end sign to those of Eggman Nega for the Sol Emerald WAD.
I never thought about those, here's the latest progress. How do they look?
EGGBA0.png
SIGND0.png

Dr.Pepper said:
Sonic The Dalek said:
Do you mean the running frames? The back-diagonals should be fine, maybe your PC is skipping frames. Although the side angles could use more work, but this might be the best I can do on those frames, maybe somebody could help me out?
Sonic The Dalek said:
I never thought about those, here's the latest progress. How do they look?
EGGBA0.png
SIGND0.png
Eh, sorry, I ment the side and back-diagonal of the bored/idle frames (D'OH!), I've kinda rushed when typing that. Also, I forgot to mention that the backs of the soles on her shoes don't seem to match on different frames, like they change from different shades of grey and there are lines on the soles in her super frames, etc.

The Eggman Nega monitor and sign looks good, though!

Sonic The Dalek said:
Eh, sorry, I ment the side and back-diagonal of the bored/idle frames (D'OH!), I've kinda rushed when typing that.
That's ok, it happens to all of us. :P I'll work on the feet in the idle frames then. Btw, does anybody have any complaints about the running frames? Would anybody like to help me with Blaze's back-diagonal hurt frame? I can't get it to look right no matter what I do. D:
PLAY4.png

Sonic The Dalek said:
The Eggman-Nega monitor and sign look good, though!
Glad to know they look good. They're going into the final release then. ;)
Sonic The Dalek said:
Also, I forgot to mention that the backs of the soles on her shoes don't seem to match on different frames, like they change from different shades of grey and there are lines on the soles in her super frames, etc.
I didn't notice the changing of different shades, I'll fix that then. I noticed the lines in the super form, though, so I'm busy removing them.

Oh, and also her feet on the back hurt frame should be more like Sonic's in terms of position. I don't really like the way her feet looked on that frame right now.

I'll Begin said:
Perhaps you could get a model rip of Blaze and base your sprites off that?
EDIT: Gee, it would have done me a lot of good to sift through the rest of the MD2 Model topics sooner, there are plenty of great modeling programs mentioned in it. *shoots self* The models (as viewed in actual game-play) from Sonic Rush and MaSatBO, which I used for reference at the start of working on the WAD wasn't a good idea. A 3D model from SRZG would be better. It might be too late for using a 3D model for reference, but it would be nice, especially when working on her back-diagonal hurt frame.
Sonic The Dalek said:
Oh, and also her feet on the back hurt frame should be more like Sonic's in terms of position. I don't really like the way her feet looked on that frame right now.
I was feeling lazy when I drew that frame, and you can tell. :P I'll fix it, I forgot all about it.
Sonic The Dalek said:
Oh, and Eggman Nega's Egg Slimer should be more similar in design to his Egg Mobile.
If I did that, I would have to include even more frames in the Egg Slimer, making the WAD around 700 kilos, D: so I left the design alone. (If you'll notice in the WAD, it only replaces a little more than half of the Egg Slimer's graphics.)

Swiss cheese, lol, now I want some! :P
I think I'll take advantage of this bump to say this. I'm almost done with Blaze, as I'm polishing up the last of her hurt frames. I was also thinking of releasing the spin jump version without the custom sounds if LD doesn't have the jump or spin sounds I need. Sad I know, but they're impossible sounds to get. D:
EDIT BUMP: This isn't worth a bump so I'm going to edit instead, the final version on my Blaze WAD has just been released! Check it out, a number of things have changed since the beta. =D
Click here

looks good, sonic rush was a great game, but I STILL DON'T NO HOW TO USE CUSTOM CHARACTERS!!!!!!! wen i find out i will use this though.

NeoSonic said:
looks good, sonic rush was a great game, but I STILL DON'T NO HOW TO USE CUSTOM CHARACTERS!!!!!!! wen i find out i will use this though.

Theres always one... Well, did you read the manual? If not, just pause, go to multiplayer, then setup characters. *note* This only works in netgames.

oh, i new how to do that, i meant in 1 player. it just looks like from the pics she is in 1 player. oh well, my dream is ruined yet again...

In that case, all you do is pick her icon at the character selection.
But you have to type ADDFILE BLAZE.WAD before you go to single player if you havent already.

Good Job!

Very Nice Job On This Blaze. Man Ive Been Waiting Forever For Somebody To COMPLETE Their blaze, But Youve Done It! Thank You VERY Much! 10/10

I tested this wad out, and... OMG, this got a LOT of progress done on it!!!! :O I especially tove the spining frames, they're able to be used as spinning frames for the superform as well, and that makes it awesome! The profile picture fits good, because it's less like the other 3 characters. She seems more like Espio, considering the slowfall is used with her spinning sprites. :D

Now, Constructive Critisiem:

Just like the other alpha wads, her head doesn't move from side-to-side, making it look odd. It's ok for the running frames, but not the walking, trust me. And when she's walking sideways, her head moves foward and james back in place. That... doesn't look right. If you can, please fix that. it's the frame that is used when her arm is cranking back after the frame of her arm being streached out all the way. Her heals still aren't visible when running, but if that';s supposed to happenm (like Sonic's legs not being visible when he's running with a blurred figure 8), then I suppose that's ok.

Overall, this is a great wad with greater progress put into it. Hopefully, it can be converted to 1.1 when it comes. A look into the future, if Senku's idea of player SOC alterations only affect the character with the altering frames IF the SOC is in OBJECTCFG is accepted, and Shuffles suggestion of spinning, charging, anbd jumping frames being different sprites is accepted, then we can make it that Blazes charging sprites are her charging her flames on the back of her heals (this works by replacing the sprite state used for charging with one of the freeslots, preferably the last one to avoid SOC collisions, and doing the same to the next frame. Example: In the SOC editor, go to "edit states" and then go to the state of the "spindash charging." Where it says "Sprite:," change it from the player sprite to one of the new freeslots, preferrably on ofe the last four. do the same to the other "spindash charging" states. This will have her charge the same way she does in Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure, if the sprites look good that it.)

Wow, this is the longest post I made in history. :o Keep up the great work (if you do), DP. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back