SRB2 Chaos Twilight V2b Released! (Page 15 news)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyperknux said:
Ice & I have talked in wadbase channel about this, and we did come up with some ideas.
Fixed

HyperKnux said:
Level designs & themes: possibly a sidescrolling train stage, or a burning city, which is triggered in one of the main game stages.
Hmm.. Sounds like a game I know from the xbox 360/ps3, can't quite remember it....
Oh yeh, Sonic The Hedgehog.
I do actually like your idea of a train one, maybe you rush along the tracks and slip off a track and onto the freeway!

srb20000-1.png

What are these and what are they for? I standed on all of them and nothing.

I'm re-downloading to make it available in my servers. I need to try it before including it into my particular list of level packs. :)

O crap, something's gone wrong there. Thanks for spotting that, I'll see if I can get a fix release sometime soon.

Green Peaks v2

Finally I have decided to start scoring Version 2! And of course, we start with Green Peaks!

Green Peaks Zone, Act 1: 4/10
I realize that you wanted to make some of the levels bigger so they wouldn't feel as cramped. However, I feel that you made those levels a little too big, this level being a good example of what I mean. The pathways are too wide and the whole level becomes WAY too easy. Plus, nothing else was changed beside this, so the missing textures at [spoiler:b9daabf03d]the secret area with two extra lives[/spoiler:b9daabf03d] are still there. Fix that, make it just a little smaller, and it'll be fine.

Green Peaks Zone, Act 2: 6/10
lol HUGE WATERFALL. Changing the size for this level didn't make the problems itself. (although I think you meant to move [spoiler:b9daabf03d]Tails' emblem[/spoiler:b9daabf03d] back to the tree, but you forgot; it's now in plain sight after the first Buzzes)

It's pretty much other problems. There's a missing texture at the first bottomless pit platforming (there might be a screenshot earlier in the topic), the breakable wall after the lily pad pool mysteriously causes lag when you break it, and there's another missing texture right after the second starpost; when you brought down the ceiling in the middle of the high tunnel to prevent it from being too easy you forgot to put a texture on it, so in OpenGL there's REDWALL on that wall. Just some stuff for you to fix. And you have been notified about that secret behind the waterfall with nothing to show for it except FLOATING GRASS.

Green Peaks Zone, Act 3: 8/10
I thank you for removing the bottomless pits from this level. Now this is a suitable first boss battle!

Green Peaks Zone Overall: 6/10
Somehow the score got improved from Version 1, although that four hurts your score, so heed my GPZ1 comments, and things will run smoothly.

I dont´t know, if some one already mentioned it, but...
In the CTF stage, you will be respawned in the enemies base...
Why that?

Lars said:
I dont´t know, if some one already mentioned it, but...
In the CTF stage, you will be respawned in the enemies base...
Why that?

Epic fail. Well, that makes it easy for "n00bz" to get the flag before our fellow advanced players who don't die too often. I haven't played this yet so I'm not saying your mod's a fail, but that CTF level "sounds like fail."

Well, anyway, I like to take my time on these things, so Mineral Valley v2 it is!

Mineral Valley Zone, Act 1: 5/10
Well, you're lucky this time; resizing this level didn't cause any major problems... except Tails' emblem is now gone. Again, it's probably because you forgot to move it when resizing, and now it could be stuck inside the walls where no one can get to them.

Mineral Valley Zone, Act 2: 4/10
This level suffers the same fate that GPZ1 does. Again, you overdid it when resizing, and now it's too big/too easy. And now Sonic's emblem is in a much easier place than it was before. Another thing you forgot to move, HKnux?

Mineral Valley Zone, Act 3: 2/10
OK, this boss level has serious problems. I mean, lol Egg Slimer goeth into the tree in the center. Meaning you forgot to change said Egg Slimer so it goes around the tree instead of through it.

Mineral Valley Zone Overall: 3.67
Yikes! This might be the lowest score for Mineral Valley yet. Better get to fixing this and fast!

Thanks for feedback, but as the time is coming up quick for the release of ME. I think it's about time I should be saying this.

When ME is out, and the new srb2.srb can be used with SRB2DB, I am going to completely do a makeover with this mod. I talked about this with certain people in certain IRC channels & msn conversations. New levels will be completely made, and this mod will only return as part of the archieves. That's all I'm saying for now.

Yeah, I kind of messed up big time on the CTF level. The bases have gone all weird, and I'll fix it to go with the archieves with the makeover.

Hyperknux said:
Thanks for feedback, but as the time is coming up quick for the release of ME. I think it's about time I should be saying this.

When ME is out, and the new srb2.srb can be used with SRB2DB, I am going to completely do a makeover with this mod. I talked about this with certain people in certain IRC channels & msn conversations. New levels will be completely made, and this mod will only return as part of the archieves. That's all I'm saying for now.

Yeah, I kind of messed up big time on the CTF level. The bases have gone all weird, and I'll fix it to go with the archieves with the makeover.

Whatever you're comfortable with; it's your mod, afterall. To be honest, I didn't have too many problems with any of your levels...the instants of REDWALL in certain places in OpenGL mode disturbed me though...

Those?

srb20019.png

srb20020.png

Sorry devmode and console

-A redwall
-How can i complete the level? There is a wall and i need to use objectplace and GOODBYE unlockables.

Once again, I must try to revive this topic so that Hyperknux remembers that he has a mod that needs to come into 2.0. So, HKux, what's the progress on this?

It's not at your discretion whether he updates this for 2.0 or not. He doesn't NEED to update it for 2.0, he's already said its coming back in an "Archives" unlockable anyway.

Callum is right. Whilst I have more stuff going on in my life & my social life level is getting higher, the speed would be slower than I used to get progress done. I may convert them into 2.0 whenever I get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back