Fixed Gargoyles Do Not Like Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubat

GFZ (WIP) theme enthusiast
The only way I've been able to pull this off is in the SRB2 Silver map pack due to the gargoyle and spring placement. You have to get a gargoyle on your head and then touch a spring. The glitch is hard to pull off, but is even harder to get out of once you're stuck in/on the spring.
Gargoyle%20Funk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It does the same thing the same way the other round too. Doesn't even have to be a player with a gargoyle, but perhaps a gargoyle with a gargoyle. They just cannot carry each other up with them - they crash into the other and fall back down, and with a spring that just happens continuously!

This is one of those long standing issues with pushable physics I may have talked about elsewhere, so this is definitely a bug I can confirm.

Sadly it is not fixed, this is a seperate physics issue. The other one was when a gargoyle is carrying something up while it's sitting on a platform (which triggered the anti-crushing code); this one is when it's carrying something up while mid-air (or rather, it can't).

Last edited:
This is why stuff in Sonic 1/2/3 would just kill you if it dropped on your head.

Technically pushables CAN kill you landing on top of you if you're standing on the floor, unless you're the player who last pushed it - then you're just invincible to it.

It really should kill players in this situation where it lands on your head, but the bug would need to be fixed for the player on top of a gargoyle situation.

The obvious solution that comes to my mind would be to find players/pushables on top of the object in question and move them up before applying the object's movement. That seems like it'd work.

It's totally possible in vanilla.
SinfulDangerousHoopoe.gif

MessyAmazingAfricanbushviper.gif
Thank you for the fix, btw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back