SRB1 Remake levels don't show up in Record Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Confusion~

The only thing left to say here is that this is apparently fixable by placing "RECORDATTACK = true" after the SRB1 Remake level headers in MAINCFG for zones.dta.

I would also like to see those levels in records.srb2.org eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not a bug. It's intentional.
And why do you think that is?

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

I see this got marked as invalid, but I don't get any explanation on WHY it is intentional... Would anyone ~please~ enlighten me?

Because <Unknownlight's opinion on SRB1 Remake> and I think that no one except you wants its dozens of maps cluttering up Record Attack.
A little fix, if you don't mind.

Well then, if that's really the case, I guess I've only left to hope that records.srb2.org source will be released later. (I'm tempted to send my SRB1 Remake records to the wiki though)

You were asking for an answer. When opinions to the contrary are within a rounding error, I think it's fine for me to be clear with my wording and not obtuse and wishy-washy.

Personally, I think it'd be a good idea to provide multiple categories of record attack, so SRB1 Remake levels could have easy replays saved without cluttering the same list that the vanilla levels have to use. It'd definitely be nice to have the option of record attacking them for the records site, even if it didn't get much use in the end. Obviously there wouldn't be time/score/ring emblems for every little dumb SRB1 stage, though.

Personally, I think it'd be a good idea to provide multiple categories of record attack, so SRB1 Remake levels could have easy replays saved without cluttering the same list that the vanilla levels have to use. It'd definitely be nice to have the option of record attacking them for the records site, even if it didn't get much use in the end. Obviously there wouldn't be time/score/ring emblems for every little dumb SRB1 stage, though.

Didn't XSRB2 do this? It had separate record attack categories for the XSRB2 campaign, the vanilla campaign, and the bonus levels iirc.

Didn't XSRB2 do this? It had separate record attack categories for the XSRB2 campaign, the vanilla campaign, and the bonus levels iirc.

I can confirm this. But it was only available for SRB2's levels only and not for custom modifications like Tortured Planet or Mystic Realm.

Well the thing is that the SRB1 Remake does NOT need to show up in the Record Attack. So, this is NOT a bug, it's just the way it is.

XSRB2 did allow time attack for SRB zones though the Time Attack menu. Not sure as to why it was not changed to not allow this in 2.1, when it could have been moved on over with ease. Allowing only one EXE to time attack both SRB2 and SRB levels, compare to having two EXE like in 2.0.

Also the Wiki still has the SRB zones. So you could do a run though the game normally if you wanna get a record for it. I still think adding a section for SRB in the Time Attack menu would be a great idea though.

I still think adding a section for SRB in the Time Attack menu would be a great idea though.

Maybe make SRB1 levels only have a Time Attack emblems cause the Ring Attack emblem would be painfully easy to obtain and same with the Score Attack emblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back