• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

Wow. You guys certainly are going all out when designing these new tracks. I would assume that a few tracks from the previous version will be returning, possibly with new updated graphics, right?

I'm going to assume that since you are using sonic-themed items, the Koopa shells will be replaced by those beans from Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, while the bob-ombs are gonna be Star Light Zone bombs? Those rocket shoes probably act as cape feather redesigns, too. That, and because you are using a classic sonic 3 & knuckles boss, you are gonna include similar stuff from that game like the Fire Breath mini-boss, the dual drill, the thunder pillar, big icedus, ext, right?

Well...

srb20021.gif

I don't think Sonic agrees with you.

LoL, sonic must freaking out cause this discontinued mod is being recontinued or something like that.

Oh, and has anyone thought about adding stuff from sonic's sister series, Crash Bandicoot? You know, from the CTR games?

Oh, and has anyone thought about adding stuff from sonic's sister series, Crash Bandicoot? You know, from the CTR games?

Why?

I don't understand why'd you want the team to make the items even further unrelated to Sonic. Making the items more like Sonic was kind of the whole point. Also, Crash was Sonic's sister series? I know that people working on it referred to it as Sonic's Ass Game as a joke before they came up with a real name, but I don't remember them being related at all.

Last edited:
It does not have to be within SRB2kart, and it's only a suggestion.
As for being a sister series to Crash Bandicoot, take note that the speed factor sonic has does not have to be contained for a game to be good and somewhat similar to it.

Just compare some of the things Sonic and Crash happen to do and you'll see what i mean with similarity.

I'm going to assume that since you are using sonic-themed items, the Koopa shells will be replaced by those beans from Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, while the bob-ombs are gonna be Star Light Zone bombs? Those rocket shoes probably act as cape feather redesigns, too. That, and because you are using a classic sonic 3 & knuckles boss, you are gonna include similar stuff from that game like the Fire Breath mini-boss, the dual drill, the thunder pillar, big icedus, ext, right?

dartboard-darts-2235004.jpg

Please stop suggesting ridiculous things

Wow. You guys certainly are going all out when designing these new tracks. I would assume that a few tracks from the previous version will be returning, possibly with new updated graphics, right?

Hmm, well most of the ones with bad visuals ended up being bad maps altogether, so they've likely been gotten rid of in the dev-build a long time ago. But yes, some maps that had actually good layouts but poor visuals are getting touched up.

Top Down progress resumes again as CoatRack begins to work on his other map that we don't show much, Weather Factory Zone.

iYlyeMyXqh6pF.gif

Ignore the tanking FPS (makes it appear fast forwarded), it was my overloaded browser. All things shown are subject to change~

Last edited:
Hopefully Weather Factory makes it in the demo. It's the most interesting zone so far.

Sorta wondering how you're suppose to know those clouds are under you without a cast shadow... Unless it's actually more obvious when you play it since it's a fixed camera and everything. Idk, just feels like that'd be a tad ambiguous / guessing game ish.

Development of a Level

So, ever wonder how much things change in development? Let's let Weather Factory to the talking. This picture shows the original 2.0.7 Weather Factory, from when I first started Top Down, to the current one in 2.1.
Weather%20Factory-Past%20and%20Present.png

As you can tell, huge changes have been made since then.

That looks quite amazing. What zones are you planning to have in the first released version? (if you don't want to spoil the names then at least, how many?)

You had to take the line "Where your fears and horrors come true" from a positive light, didn't you?

Sorta wondering how you're suppose to know those clouds are under you without a cast shadow...

This is making me imagine an Eggmanland level for Top Down.

Aside from that, this looks fantastic. I really like the aesthetics and how it actually manages to properly blend the factory and sky.

Also, are please tell me you had zero intentions on putting the "fan" in the same area as those clouds...

Hey, you know what would be better than the weird fraction to the right of that Ring meter?

qjB0Vlt.png

A better Ring meter.

okay its kinda sloppy but you get the concept

If you don't include a Bowser Shell equivalent that is just the Master Emerald spinning on its point, I will be disappointed.

Anyways, everything in that TD preview looks good so far.

Or maybe you can toss the Eggmobile!

Someone already said that... Also what are you guys even talking about? Kart or TopDown because none of this is making any sense at this point and it's overflowing this thread with stupid posts that make no sense at all.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back