Post your pics/art here!

EDIT: Sorry about the shitty quality. The director did not allow us to have access to the internet in fear of one of us losers hacking into the college's database or something. Instead, I just took a picture of the giant ass drawing tablet that I was using with my phone.

Doesn't sound very professional of him :V

Pretty neat stuff for 5-10 minutes. As an animator myself I suggest you try doing a lot of 1 minute gesture drawings daily. Like, if you see a figure or a person in a pose, jot down the general shape of his pose *as fast as you can.* Here's some examples from my sketchbook of 30 second sketches in ink+wash brush and uniball pen (you don't need to go that hardcore resource wise, though, I just prefer that) (sorry for the ASS quality I used Photo Booth; I may as well scan these or something)

eEIRDrq.png

P2SmFbB.png

(SCAD makes you do an entire sketchbook of these, 60 pages of 20 a page. You do NOT need to do that unless you want to break down and cry ;P)

EDIT: Better high res images :U

Last edited:
Jeez. That's roughly 5 character wads worth of poses. That's a hella lot if drawings! @-@
Those poses look very cool though. I love how dynamic done of them are! I'm currently working on drawing more dynamic poses myself. :x

Thanks Speedwagon c: and yeah. That's a ton of poses to do. At SCAD you draw all the damn time, and I'm actually glad because I didn't have this much a passion for drawing until they really forced my hand at it. My art's improved a whole lot in the past *year* thanks to that!

BEFORE SCAD
8YqHorV.png

AFTER SCAD (1st year anyway)
kZxU4hz.png

Better shaded / not as cool version under here

A5kPmjG.png

^ I should finish this.

Last edited:
that's actually the point :V I made this guy when I was 12 as some mew hybrid creature and he never really left my mind. I kept wanting to try and deviate him from Mew's design but lately I realized that wasn't working at all so I decided "fuck it" and had him keep the long tail and more cat like feet.

Maybe I'll use this character for something. Maybe. And hopefully it won't be crap.

Practice with facial expressions.
24fgxMl.jpg

I had more, but I don't feel like scanning them right now.

Some in progress stuff.

0ECcPIC.gif

6IlueHa.png

One day I'll do more than Sonic

EDIT: updated werehog

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back