• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

I assume there will be a McGuffin if the player defeats Old Brak?
Just your smug sense of self satisfaction over having fully completed the boss rush.

Also, I feel it's worth pointing out that when I originally made this thread it had 5 pages worth of posts in 6 months. Since 2.1 has been released there have been over 30 pages.

FURTHERMORE, if you're working on a larger scale project such as, say, Top Down or a level pack of your own, feel free to make your own thread instead of using this topic. It's actually getting a little difficult to keep up with everything being posted here.

supershadowloop.gif

DANANA... DANANA-NANANA NAH.

@SpeedWagon: Absolutely awful No I was joking, this is near to the perfection. I don't even know why I say near to the perfection, it is the perfection itself.

Here are some of my reviews of the previous page:

@HAPPYFOX: Since you gave me a little beta of this level, I was expecting something great from you, coincidence, it is great.

@Whackjood: Let's hope it will not be as easy as Sonic 4 with awfully long zoomtubes.

@BlueBlurForever: Not bad for the start of your first level, at least you know how to properly make headers. What I could suggest you is making the road bigger, otherwise the level will look too cramped. Also letting some space between two buildings -- in the final version -- could let you some space for 1 ring box or a shield, adding lots of exploration is good in a first level because it is generally short.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/18uqp2v7v8kitmu/srb20033.gif
This is my first level I've ever started for SRB2 so don't judge. :V
But critiques and possible suggestions are acceptable.

Add sidewalks, and make the road go around the building and branch off. Don't forget to add alleys with ring boxes or something.

So, as I finally finished the first act of Floral Road, let's make the second one!
So, the second one is based on exploration. The player is in a dark cave and only haves torches to not getting lost, aside of rings that also show you the way to go.
Even if the screenshot below LOOKS dark, you can still see what's coming from far away and react, the brightness is 128. The screenshot were also taken in minimal brightness to show you you can perfectly see.

934908srb20072.png

360006srb20073.png

(The second one is a WIP)
Suggestions for the map (aside of blaming it because it's too dark) are welcome.

Last edited:
So, as I finally finished the first act of Floral Road, let's make the second one!
So, the second one is based on exploration. The player is in a dark cave and only haves torches to not getting lost, aside of rings that also show you the way to go.
Even if the screenshot below LOOKS dark, you can still see what's coming from far away and react, the brightness is 128. The screenshot were also taken in minimal brightness to show you you can perfectly see.

<the other pic; what? don't judge my numbering system>

<one pic>
(The secon one is a WIP)
Suggestions for the map (aside of baming it because it's too dark) are welcome.

You should make the pillars into torches; thinner. They stand out a little too much.

You're probably right. The only problem is that the brightness gradiant sector are also to remake tough.
The size of the pilars is actually the size of one square on the ground (or losange rather).
One torch pilar is also used as platform in the second screenshot, the torch at the very right.

How to jump: An in-depth comprehensive guide by Speedwagon.

Man, this is shaping up to quite possibly be the best Shadow WAD that SRB2 has ever had. I'm loving it more and more with each gif that gets shown of it! Can't wait for it's eventual release!

*Awesome Shadow Gif*
How to jump: An in-depth comprehensive guide by Speedwagon.

Yes. ALL of my YES. This is the best looking Shadow I have ever seen in my whole life.
dat falling animation makes him more badass than before

Even if Shadow died and will have to go to the hospital after showing his epic fail, I think it could be released if the hospital cures him as fast as possible.
Also the jetty syn gunner just came here because it wanted to show its epic fail at our computer.

*[Image]
*[Image]
P-Meter flight. Got it working in less than an hour.

This is pretty amazing feat. Having a Mario-esque system working in SRB2 is definitely what I can see bringing some more interesting ways to play the game.

*[Image]
*[Image]
Something's not quite right here....

I can only imagine what horrors that Sharp will unleash. Phantom Gadget Zone is going to be quite the level to play through. I really like what I have been seeing from it so far.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back