• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Scar the Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish hook

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fndy8x - Update.
I was out of ideas for a new character then I saw a picture my girlfriend drew. It was a shark drawn in sonic style. So I got wadding.
srb20010dc6.png

Jshadow by Jman is the place holder for this wad. I was in a rush so I just chose the first wad I saw.
Note that his SOC will effect all characters for some reason.
He can't spin or spin jump, but he can stay underwater forever. I want to make it so he can only stay on dry land for 5 mins before dieing and to get hurt when he gets an electric shield.

Original, yes. But people are still going to call it a recolor just because it's an edit. Not that that should stop you.

Wholly unique character concept. This is real nice quality character wadding right here.

Here's the problem though, you have to make levels based around water so that he CAN breath ;D

I expect great results from this.

Unique concept, nice spriting. Good job so far. Alas, your water-reversal SOC is impossible. At least, it is to my knowlege.

Not too bad, the feet look weird since it is a shark. I think you should try something that looks a bit more like fins.

Draykon said:
Unique concept, nice spriting. Good job so far. Alas, your water-reversal SOC is impossible. At least, it is to my knowlege.
Actually most normal levels are beatable with those circumstances, but other levels such as Mystic Realm and some match and CTF levels are unplayable.

Does anyone know how to make every level have a space thingy? I thought I could use the space tics to give him the time limit on dry land. I need it to deactivate in water though. Please PM me if you know how.
BTW, thanks for the comments.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fndy8x
New update. He has all his standing sprites and some of his diagonal walking/running sprites. I replaced the other walking/running sprites with the wire frame to make it look less weird when you turn. (Still need to replace the jumping sprites) I've been messing with his SOC but I haven't found out how to make hm die on dry land. More coming soon!

Cory the Hedgehog said:
You shouldn't try the land and electricity soc as it would be quite annoying while playing.
Thats the point. A character that can stay underwater for ever is a major disadvantage for another player in multiplayer, so I had to think of ways to make it a little fairer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back