How did you get your nickname?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Segmint

Pretty interesting question, huh? Hopefully this will get some very different answers. Please, post exactly why/how you got it.
Example:
"I got my nickname from Sonic and Amy mixed" doesn't say anything. You should explain why you decided to do that. Anyone who doesn't want to follow, obviously either doesn't read, or choose to be that way, and make topics like this, a total drag.

As for me, it's a bit of a long story.

Around the time SRB2 was first starting to become editable without many glitches (or maybe a bit later, near 1.08), I found the website looking for Sonic sprites (because I was interesting in making animated sprite comics, like CTRL C/V/Z (which doesn't exist anymore, sadly)), and I was interested with it very quickly, being a "beautiful 3D environment", so, I played it. At first, it was confusing. I got lost in GFZ Act 2, and I sorta went insane after that point, but eventually, I beat it. I liked how the levels were put together, and I wanted to make my own levels.

I started using Wad Author, and followed a441's beginners' tutorial. I sorta built it more differently than exactly how the guide specified, but I managed to get something working. I shortly after learned thok barriers, and water blocks/FOFs. My first wad ever, was called "Elemental Madness", and it was pretty good considering it was my first, sadly it looks majorly amateur now (I tagged the water directly onto the sector, instead of using a control). So, I messed around with more of the features SRB2 had to offer, and finally, I got the error;

SRB2 said:
Signal Handler; Segment Violation

I was confused. What had happened? I tried undoing what I had done, but it wouldn't work, so I made another wad, but I forgot the name. I messed around with conveyor belts and speed pads (thanks to Zero Ring), and I got them to work, but in the wrong way. Once again;

SRB2 said:
Signal Handler; Segment Violation

I couldn't figure out why it kept doing that, and I was incredibly fustrated. I kept making more levels, and I figured out what I was doing wrong.

- I was overlapping sectors
- There were open sectors
- Negative values for floor heights
- Other wacky stuff that I can't remember

So I kept experimenting with wadding, and I got pretty skilled in the art (although I don't have an example, and I feel I should showcase one soon), but I liked the error, and it taught me a lot more than anyone here can understand. I lurked around here for a long while, and on January 28, I finally joined as "Segmentium". It was the worst nickname ever created, in my opinion. I then forgot my password one day, and had to rejoin as a new alias. I still liked the "Segment" idea, but I couldn't think of anything, and just being called "Segment" sounded stupid. So I just changed it to Segmint, which works for me, and I have an element (ok, so maybe mint isn't an element, but it's a plant, so) to back behind my nickname.

Now, I want to get rid of the "Seg", but I can't, and I really don't want to create a new username just to change it.

So, just call me "Mint".

I only have one name, and thats "Kauke"(never used it before), I just go by roboegg99 because I don't really like using that name for a account name.

I got my characters name from a friend of mine when I was around 12.
I was desprite at that time for a fan character and I asked my friend for help basically.

Another name of mine 'Glysmer' which I came up with not to long ago, after typoing my name on IRC one day. I've always thought of it as being something related to glistening.

Mine originated from when I was registering on Battle.net for the first time for Warcraft III. Not exactly sure how I got it, but I know this: it had some relation to Illidan.

Well when I was in 3rd grade, all the 6th graders went around writing "eat cheese" during recess on every chalk board or white board in the school. The next school year all the 6th graders that drew cheese were gone, so I started drawing it on paper. Then everyone started calling me Cheese Boy and that's how I came up with the name Cheese.

Note: I also call myself Cheese the Food in netgames and other stuff just so I don't get myself mixed up with Kitsune.

I got my MB nick from my name, and the name that my sister calls me. She calls me "Ree-see", and the C was taken from my last name. Ree-c. Whoop.

My current nick for everything except this MB is Naga-c, which I go by on IRC. I'm going to change it to just "Naga", since it's what I go by on Halo and various other things. I got this nick from a fictional species on the internet, a "naga", a half-snake-human hybrid. Think mer-people, really, but snake, not fish.

With HaloCE/2 (PC), I use "NagaHR" as a name, and is also the gamertag that I use. The HR simply comes from a VERY common occurrence of me and my friend "Cross" hitting the Running Riot mark in HaloCE, and more often than not in Halo 2. HR = Halo Rioters, we also decided that it would also be "Hard Rock", as it's a music genre we both like. He's more alternative rock, but he likes it alot nonetheless.

I'd like for the name I use on this MB to be changed to Naga, but that probably won't happen. Honestly, I don't really see a reason why not, can't be too hard.

Segmint said:
- Negative values for floor heights.
That doesn't screw with anything.
BlueZero4 said:
Believe it or not my name, BlueZero4, has a history, as names should:
fav color/Gunstar Super Heroes char + Best game ever
Blue + Zero 4
BlueZero4

And that, is the power of Algebra!
Straight from the introduction topic.

A loooong time ago, me and a few friends would get together, and act out matches between various videogame characters. I always controlled Dracor, a boss from Starfox Adventures. After awhile, we started using made-up characters. I, naturally recolored the character I used so much. Dracon was the original name, (Which I later recycled into another character)

I'm not sure why, but at some point I altered the pronounciation. This produced some annoyance with the spelling. So I eventually changed the spelling to Draykon. I've stuck with the name ever since. (Though my character could hardly be considered a recolor anymore)

Edit: My bad, the boss's name was Drakor, with a k. I always make that mistake. But nonetheless, the original name was Dracon.
http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/gc/starfoxadv/drakor.JPG Picture of the boss, for any who care.

I was always a fan of metalsonic so I remember seeing on Sonicadventure "E101MKII" plus my lucky number was always "72" so I combined the 3 making "Metalsonicmk72" and now this makes my name.

Torgo said:
I am Torgo, my username is based on this horrible movie.

Also from the introductions page, even though the website is more about Torgo himself then the movie.

EDIT: I thought Torgo was a good nickname to have on a sonic message board. I didn't want a generic nickname, I wanted to stand out a bit. I figured that very few people in a Sonic forum would even know about Mystery Science Theater 3000.

I chose Torgo because he was the most strangest character that I knew of at the time. He is supposed to be a monster, but all he had was some big knees and a weird voice. The movie that he was in can be considered as the worst movie ever made.

I got mine from my love of the occult as purely fiction, and from being a fan of the original Megami Tensei novel that was released back in the 80's.

Volbeat: Same name as a 3rd Generation Pokémon
Snip3rNife: Desperate for an FPSish style name on Metroid Prime Hunters, I made that up. Kinda regrettable.
I'll Begin: I only just woke up, don't make me tell the story half the forums already know.

Mine its not a special thing, its just like from a pink panther fan.

and... my other one (Blue The Rabbit) its just a common character.

My third one (Pyromatic) was created in the year 2007, when i was bored.

When I was 12, I came up with the nickname "Tails" on the local freenet IRC (they didn't let you connect to internet IRC at the time, because IRC was already eating up their dialup pool) because I liked Tails.

Then, one day in about... 1999 or 2000, Sonikku thought it would be a fun joke to ban me from the STJr Ezboard one day. He tried to unban me, but couldn't figure out how to do it. So I had to make a new account. I gave it a little bit of thought, and chose "SSNTails" because of the website I ran at the time SegaSonic.Net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back