What's happenin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hersheys

Hey sorry guys, im not trying to piss anyone off. Long story short:
I've bben gone for a while, I come back, the final version STILL hasn't been realeased, the main site's last update was october, and b now the game should be done. Am right or ignorant about a new SRB2 site or something? Huh? Im just confused. So without starting a flamewar, please answer my question.

Do you want it good, or do you want it fast

Really...they'r trying to learn from Sega/ST/Sammy here *Shot*

NeoJames said:
Do you want it good, or do you want it fast

Really...they'r trying to learn from Sega/ST/Sammy here *Shot*

Sega's doing better...sorta.
On topic:
Really, this game been worked on ever since BEFORE Sonic Next-gen was announced. The game should be done by now. And look, at least put up an update to say SRB2 is not dead!!! The last time they updated was October. So please, Sonic team JR, you should be done by now, seriously. It doesn't take that long to make a game.

Hersheys said:
Lol

Anyway...Think of it like this...if Twilight princess was a good game, yet it took 'em a few years, think of how good this will be once it's done

NeoJames said:
Hersheys said:
Lol

Anyway...Think of it like this...if Twilight princess was a good game, yet it took 'em a few years, think of how good this will be once it's done

It pisses me off that my internet connection is forcing me to retype all this:

SRB2 has been in the works longer than Twilight Princess, I think.
It should be done right now. Seriosly. When i hear people say that the game will never be finished i'd ike to prove them wrong, but apparently they are right. So come on Sonic Team jr, hurry!

We aren't a bunch of professionals that do this for a living. We have other things to take care of in our lives; this is just more of something we work on in our free time. SRB2 was started in 1998; games take time to make, especially when you want them to be good. Just keep waiting. SRB2 will come out when it's done.

Keep in mind that with life, the seprates robots and bosses need to be drawn, scanned in, and programmed in. Then o the levels still need to be made as well as the music composed.

SRB2 has been in the works longer than Duke Nukem Forever :eek:

Also, the progress slowed down the most once Sonikku left. (Which I still don't know why....) And it hasn't sped up since.

EDIT: The music composing? Most of the zones already have completed music in the game, theres not much left to do for music...

...unless they're making extra bonus levels...

Actually, Duke Nukem Forever has been in the works longer than SRB2. It was started in 1997. SRB2 was started in 1998.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_nukem_forever

Even WE aren't that bad ^_~

The reality is that there are only about 2-3 people actively working on the game at any one time, and we all have lives, some of us have jobs, and all of us are frequently lazy.

We ARE making progress, it's just quite slow. Eggrock is one of the most awesome things ever, and Deep Sea is starting to look more and more complete by the week.

Mystic said:
We ARE making progress, it's just quite slow. Eggrock is one of the most awesome things ever, and Deep Sea is starting to look more and more complete by the week.

I won't believe it until I see it. =P

Dude_ said:
Also, the progress slowed down the most once Sonikku left
Wait a second...

But Sonikku promised to keep working on SRB2 unless

A. It's finished
or B. Sonikku dies
So ether Sonikku died...or a promise was broken! Gasp!

Now that I think about it, this was made before Sonic went next-gen looking, when he was old-skool (aka when he looked better and when his games were better.)

Hersheys said:
NeoJames said:
Hersheys said:
Lol

It pisses me off that my internet connection is forcing me to retype all this:

SRB2 has been in the works longer than Twilight Princess, I think.
It should be done right now. Seriosly. When i hear people say that the game will never be finished i'd ike to prove them wrong, but apparently they are right. So come on Sonic Team jr, hurry!
Do you want the game to be crappy or good? =P

Stop complaining, picachu. The game is mostly done. The bigg problems are:

1) Netgames
2) The game has little content "included". (But we can addfile s. ^_^)
3) Red XVI seems to be stalking me.

The problems used to be:

1) Crappy phisics.
2) No strafing.
3) Permenently Christmas themed.
4) No netplay.

Look how far we've come!

lol picachu.

picachu? Hersheys hasn't said anything since FF's comment, so I think he got the point. I didn't even know about this since, I dunno, three years ago, so I have no clue how long this was in production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back