Official Level Design Contest: March/April

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started working on one of my SP maps today, which has been laying around on my hard drive for at least a month. I had barely started it, but I got a lot done. I was saving it for something else, but I think I'll enter it, if everything goes smoothly.

SRB2-Playah said:
Are you allowed to re-send entries? :|
Yes. If you update it after submission, you are allowed to revise your original work, provided the revision reaches me before the deadline.

Mystic said:
2. The map may not have been publicly released before. In other words, if you have released the level on the Addons section or on the forums or IRC channel, you may not enter it. However, if it’s unreleased, that is just as good as being completely new, and is a legal entry.

Does that include posting a URL of where to download your WAD on IRC, because you can't host netgames, so you need to have someone else host it? :|
I was having a very small arguement with someone on IRC about this.

Is it okay if I send in my huge city (it's one player, but it's too big to just be one player, it's more just for exploring).

To give you an Idea on how big this is, the thok barrier is square, and it's 50000 units long and high. It can, however, run perfectly on a P3 500 with 64 MB ram and a crappy 8MB internal video card IN OPENGL. So, there should be no problems.

SRB2-Playah said:
Does that include posting a URL of where to download your WAD on IRC, because you can't host netgames, so you need to have someone else host it? :|
I was having a very small arguement with someone on IRC about this.
No, posting a URL for your WAD on IRC does not count as a release, as you're generally doing it for testing, correct? Remember, collaborations are allowed and testing is encouraged. Basically, Rule #2 is to keep people from pulling out something they made a year ago and released on the IRC channel and calling it new.

lostgamemaker said:
Is it okay if I send in my huge city (it's one player, but it's too big to just be one player, it's more just for exploring).

To give you an Idea on how big this is, the thok barrier is square, and it's 50000 units long and high. It can, however, run perfectly on a P3 500 with 64 MB ram and a crappy 8MB internal video card IN OPENGL. So, there should be no problems.
One player stages must have an objective, like an exit or the emerald hunt. You cannot have a stage without a way to complete it.

lostgamemaker said:

This sounds good, but I doubt I'd be able to convince Mystic to let it in. You could still "unnoffically" enter it, though. Dunno how it'd work, though. Maybe people would...

I just forgot. Damn, I'll post it later if I remember. :oops:

I could make it multi-player, but, then nobody would be able to find each other. Oh, well. I'll make it have a couple exits. One would be too hard to find.

lostgamemaker said:
I could make it multi-player, but, then nobody would be able to find each other. Oh, well. I'll make it have a couple exits. One would be too hard to find.
Try the emerald hunt. If the stage is as gigantic as you say it is, that might be rather amusing.

Damn you Mystic, now I feel like making a huge emerald hunt stage. >_<

Heh heh... I once made a maze level. It had a main 'lobby' with teleports so that you could pick the maze you wanted to go to first, then once you found the emerald, it's back to the lobby...

It's not theat great, really, so I won't release it.

I'm just going to glare at you until you give it to me.

Scrooge-Moscow.jpg

If someone would like to include something custom such as music from the OCRemix, would they have to put a credits screen in or something? How would that work, exactly?

AFAIK, you can have custom music in the [single-player] levels, but have to host it separately since it'd bog Sepwich's bandwidth down more than necessary.

What I meant was... How would I use somebody else's music... Would I have to get their permission... wait... no, I wouldn't, because you guys (I don't think) you got Sonic Team's permission to use Sonic... Or, is music different?

Oh, you mean how to properly credit them? I'd just mention their name in a text file that comes zipped with the extra music, and if possible, ask permission to use the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back