SC_SkyPlace

Status
Not open for further replies.
MapZA is quite an unusual choice of map slot, but no harm done I guess.

That aside, this is functional so I'm happy to release it. But you don't seem to have improved since your last map, which is a shame.

This level is pretty good for starters, but there are still flaws that you could consider improving/fixing.

Thing placement is one thing you could consider fixing, a example is most of the rings at the beginning are not collectible unless you switch to tails, as there are no attraction shields in this stage.

Platforming is quite a challenge in this stage, but too much just gets boring and makes the player want to quit after awhile knowing that all they will be doing is platforming, you may want to consider adding a few more gimmicks and hazards to the stage.

Finally, the level looks empty, it just feels like I'm running through a hall of nothing, you could add some decoration (bushes, flowers, etc) to the stage to add more detail, maybe even add some little details on some of the sectors. It may seem pointless, but little details can sometimes change the final outcome ALOT.

I hope these tips help you in your future maps.

If this is a preview then you shouldn't post it now, take your time and finish it first. By the way, I see so many good ideas to implement here, good luck :).

Visuals, visuals, visuals! That's what's most lacking here.

You're obviously going for an AGZ feel, and the gameplay is fine for that—AGZ is all platforming. But take a look at the official map--there's a lot more detain in the architecture than just "blocks." Try to make things, and construct a level that's visually pleasing, too. I'm always an advocate for "useless sectors" that don't really have a purpose but to make it look better. Try building structures on your blocks, or adding columns, monuments--anything to give us something to look at.

A couple things to go over.

First off, as Metal stated, the level's rather bland- it has little visual appeal. Try adding some bushes to the grass areas, and maybe some columns along the bridge.

Second is your rather poor enemy placement. For one, Crawlas aren't a threat in a sky level like this, so there's really no point in having them- go for more air-based enemies instead. For two, your placement of the enemies themselves is rather poor- particularly the LINE of BASHs right after the first starpost. It's virtually impossible to dodge unless you know they're there- either remove them, remove a few, or remove them entirely.

Also, the level's really short. Like, I could beat it in less than a minute if I wanted to. (In fact, I did it in exactly a minute.) I'd recommend extending it a bit further... and not spawning the player 20 feet above the starting platform.

You should also really break apart some of the long platforms and vary their positioning a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back