Disable ending screen ("This game should not be sold!&q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkette

I've always found that ending screen warning not to sell SRB2 annoying, especially when testing custom levels. Is there any way to stop it from appearing, such as a command line parameter or a config entry or anything? When I quit the game, I don't want to have to sit through it. I could hit Ultimate Cheat in the Secrets menu, but I might forget.

Is the two second delay THAT much of a pain? Seriously, now.

Console command QUIT will give you what you want, anyways.

Actually, you can skip this screen by using a binded key. For example:

Code:
BIND <key> QUIT

And just press that key.

But is there any way to make it so when you choose Quit from the menu like normal it won't display that screen?

It's just like they all said already. When testing custom levels, instead of pressing Esc, scroll down to Quit, and Pressing Y, you should just press Alt + F4. Or type quit in the command, and bind it if you want.

There's another way, though. Test your levels while hosting a personal netgame. Instead of going to Single Player, go to Multiplayer, Host a Server, and Start. Then when you willingly go to the menu's Quit option, it will skip those 2 seconds of 'annoying' screen time.

That screen is there for a reason and it won't be removed. If you don't want to see it just use one of the alternate ways to quit the game.

Mystic said:
That screen is there for a reason and it won't be removed. If you don't want to see it just use one of the alternate ways to quit the game.

It actually serves its purpose better that way. Advanced users will probably know the quick ways out, whereas newer players (who may have been scammed) will probably not and will be forced to see the screen.

FoxBlitzz said:
Does nobody ever use Alt + F4? Seriously. It's such a useful keyboard shortcut.

Apparently not. My friend who is what you could call a computer geek, didn't even know it was there at all. He saw me using my computer and closing things without moving my mouse, and he freaked out. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back