Super Smash Bros [Wii U | 3DS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
$40 dlc

Just wait for Mewtwo. He can't possibly cost more than $5. We all know he'll be available as paid soon enough.

I think if they add more characters through DLC, they would most certainly include Mewtwo with it. Sakurai can't be that cruel.

I heard a rumor that along with mewtwo, Lucas, wolf, and a one newcomer would be the dlc characters. And it makes sense for three more dlc chars, since 4 characters more and the whole upper screen would be filled.

I got the 3DS version the day it released. But I have to wait for the Wii U version, until Christmas!

I hope it's as good as I hope it to be!

But, Smash Bros for the 3DS is great. Happy to play as Dr. Mario for the first time, happy for Sonic to still be my main.

I heard a rumor that along with mewtwo, Lucas, wolf, and a one newcomer would be the dlc characters. And it makes sense for three more dlc chars, since 4 characters more and the whole upper screen would be filled.

I will be in the corner praying for Klonoa.

I think if they add more characters through DLC, they would most certainly include Mewtwo with it. Sakurai can't be that cruel.

Yeah, but will they all be offered for free like Mewtwo? Will they, collectively, cost as much as the 3DS version? We can't say for sure, as Nintendo's DLC practices are relatively new and unpredictable. And ultimately it's likely not up to Sakurai to decide how to market and sell characters.

Additionally, $5 is a pretty standard price for add-on characters in fighting games. Expensive? Maaaayyybbeee. I'm just saying, even if you bought every piece of DLC it would likely not add up to the $40 Smash on 3DS costs, and it sure as hell won't add up to the combined costs of that and a 3DS console, even the cheaper 2DS. Just wait for the Wii U version. I would have if I ever intended to own the console.

Well Sakurai just confirmed that there will be no DLC for Super Smash Bros. 4. I some what don't believe him. I mean, we do have Mewtwo has a fighter coming soon. Didn't he say Mewtwo wasn't gonna be in the game as well?

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/super-smash-bros-not-getting-paid-dlc/1100-6423702/

As for the game itself, I can't wait to get this. I'm actually going to the midnight release with a group of friends tonight. Plus I'll be getting Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. So it's a win-win situation.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the only reason Mewtwo is available at all is because people got pissed off about how he's not in the roster. Assuming that's true, then Mewtwo wouldn't have entered development until after the Greninja reveal, and Sakurai is making it available as payable content in order to make up for production costs.

Last night, a group of friends and I decided to try out 8-Player Smash for this first time and it was extremely intense and fun as hell. We had at least 20 people over at the time and the bottom four players ranked gave up the controller to someone else. It was fun. I highly recommend trying 8-Player Smash with a group of friends if you have the chance. If I was to refer any maps for 8-Player Smash, I would recommend Temple, Windy Hill Zone, Yoshi's Island (kinda hard to believe but yes), Omega Big Battlefield.

Smash Tour's final battle is literally the most bullshit thing in any Smash game ever. Whoever decided it should be ranked by KOs instead of stock remaining needs to be smacked, hard.

That is all.

redebinchilada-20141209T032045-npuxvqx.jpeg

I got to play some smash bort on my brother's nintendo and we've been trying to one-up each other for awful custom stages.

Too bad. So they're never going to release the patch to make it good.

@shane um, it's a great game. No idea what you are talking about. You must be that one percent that doesn't like it out of 100.

Also,
*Announcer's voice*
Wow, incredible!
ssb4___android_17_s_smash_run_results_by_ordomandalore-d8cnwu2.jpg

It's good but definitely flawed, and it's just lazy of Sakurai and Nintendo to not keep supporting balance. I mean, I guess I can see why not- they've already raked in all the cash, at this point all they'll have to bother doing is keep the game working. Yet another reason for me to dislike Sakurai, but I can't imagine it's his decision alone.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I think it's fine that he isn't going to maintain custom movesets. By nature some of them are a bit messy and don't even work online, but the default movesets at least need to be patched. If he think it will 'never be the end of it' well... I thought that's what Bandai Namco, a team that actually knows about fighting games, is there for?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back