Team Fortress 2 update thread. No hatin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, they're basically making Natascha a complete downgrade now, except for the variant that increases the spin-up time.

You do know that it already has a -25% damage decrease. :\
So -40% wouldn't be too much.

Yep, they're basically making Natascha a complete downgrade now, except for the variant that increases the spin-up time.
That's the only variant I really support.

Everyone hates natascha not just because it's overpowered in the hands of... well, everybody, but because it has much less skill depth than the minigun (hence, why it's always been op/up in the hands of everybody). By decreasing the heavy's health or damage output, you're not making it harder to use as effectively as the minigun, you're making it impossible to use as effectively. And it still has no skill depth.

The least that can be done is to give the natascha the old rev-up/down time. It doesn't do much, but it does force the natascha user to be a little more wary of when he engages and disengages for battle. Moreover, it gives ambushers like the pyro and scout more breathing room before the heavy tries to rip them new assholes, and it gives the heavy a reason to use the shotgun again.

What's important though is that the slowdown loses its affect over distance, and that's really all that was needed for the natascha to be pushed back into a balanced state.

I'll stand by ShadowHog's decision. We don't need a single game soaking up all the attention with multiple topics in this forum.

So I'm guessing everyone is loving Australian Christmas ya? I really freaking love the Crusader Crossbow for the medic. Now I got to craft the Amputator and I'm set:p

Yeah. I love the initial clamor over new items. I traded 3 of the new weapons for a pair of level 99 Earbuds.

Eh, the new weapons seem mainly oriented toward giving people something to swap out in Medieval Mode. DeGroot Keep is a bucket of fun, even though and especially because there's nothing that RED can do to keep points A and B from being captured.

One thing bothers me: Why are Invis Watches available in the 10th century?

I'm going to do myself a favor and finally get a graphics card before I really get into this update. I don't think leaning on an FPS config and oldschool model pack is going to cut it anymore.

One thing bothers me: Why are Invis Watches available in the 10th century?

Ask the same question about the Gunslinger.

Anyway, I LOVE this update. Medieval mode is hectic and just works somehow. The weapons that only a few classes can have are actually really balanced (except the Fists of Steel, those are USELESS).

I would really love to play TF2 HEAPS now.

I'm starting to see a lot of controversy about the Crusader Crossbow for the Medic. Mostly either complaints or debates regarding it's DPS, damage output, etc...

IDK, you guys have any insight about it?

It doesn't do enough damage to be an issue. Half of the new weapons were made with just Medieval Mode in mind, this being one of them.

I find it an awesome weapon and actually quite balanced. Mainly due to the fact it keeps getting stuck in teammates.

I find it an awesome weapon and actually quite balanced. Mainly due to the fact it keeps getting stuck in teammates.

I just like it being a mini Huntsman with increase healing by distance. It isn't easy to master cause of the accuracy needed, but in some ways it has it's benefits for making a sniper medic((poor damage or not)).

The only problem is it's DPS, but like Bigboi said it was intended for Medieval play in mind so constant rage is expected in other areas. That and Medics really don't need to be going rambo as of now.

What do you mean? Isn't the Basher available through crafting?

Edit: Ah, it isn't. Thought it was.
I should probably get rid of these crates and metal and make some of these weapons, but I don't want to waste my refined. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back