mt_hmns alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the alpha for the HMNS wad I am making. If there is something that you don't necessarily like or there is something missing, feel free to contact me or post it here.

http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=4cfed581edc48b860625e81197bc4bd6
I also don't know how to make links smaller, so for now, unless someone fixes it, it'll be like this until I learn.

EDIT: Actually, don't download this until I have uploaded screenshots. Should be in the next few minutes.

EDIT 2: Alright, here's the map as viewed on SRB2 Doom Builder:

EDIT 3: Here are REAL pictures:
[img=http://aycu21.webshots.com/image/25780/2001078417850027402_th.jpg]

Ok, I didn't really like this wad:

1: I could say it's a bit dull, I wondered around and couldn't really tell what anything was.

2: The Steps are broken, You have to thok or jump which normally sends you down the gap.

3: Too many small gaps.

4: It wasn't exciting, There wasn't any nice bits.

What I liked:

1: It had enough space for a good match.

2: It wasn't too cramped.

3: It had blocks to hide behind.

sprout said:
Ok, I didn't really like this wad:

1: I could say it's a bit dull, I wondered around and couldn't really tell what anything was.

2: The Steps are broken, You have to thok or jump which normally sends you down the gap.

3: Too many small gaps.

1.)If I could find more sceneic textures, I would fix it.
2) The IMAX auditorium steps are purposly broken, but the others weren't supposed to be.
3) I'll fix that.
4)Well, it's the Houston Museum of Natural Science. In the future, with newer updates, I'll add more.

Well, its better than your Emerald Coast WAD. I'll give you that.

Actually, this has some potential. I'll just touch on a few things the other guys haven't mentioned yet.

1. Your "non-broken" stairs should be ramp sectors. If I recall correctly, its sector value 992. Correct me if I'm wrong.
2. Though your level is not too cramped, you have reached the other extreme. Your map is too empty. The size is great, you just need to fill it with more stuff, like sector based platforms, walls, scenery, etc.
3. Your weapon ring complement (Auto-Rail-Bomb) is actually okay for a map, as long as there is plenty of cover to hide behind. The power of weapon rings depend on the person using them, and the map around them. Believe it or not, the map has a bigger effect. Add lots more cover and you should be able to keep all three weapons without making them overpowered.
4. Your IMAX screen should use textures that don't have those ugly blue borders. Other than that, what you have doesn't look all that bad.

I await your improved version.

I noticed something kinda weird in this map. I was running along and up against the IMAX screen, and I simply got stuck. As in my character would not move. At all. No, it was not lag, I was not online. Like I said, it happened as I was running against the screen, right around the center of the screen. Is this a common problem?

BriGuy92 said:
I noticed something kinda weird in this map. I was running along and up against the IMAX screen, and I simply got stuck. As in my character would not move. At all. No, it was not lag, I was not online. Like I said, it happened as I was running against the screen, right around the center of the screen. Is this a common problem?

I'll check it.

EDIT: Tried it. Yes, you do get stuck, but you can just run in another direction to get out.

Behold the REDWALL!

You have a linedef that crosses over a linedef, which is bad.

Along with sectors that are not closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back