• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

multiple thokbarriers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, thanks guys..this'll surely help as I don't like to make the thok barrier huge every single time I want to add more.

Just start out your level with a giant square, and enlengthen the lines as your level grows bigger. You don't need to make the lining of the thok barrier PERFECT...

Actually, if you do the huge square method, you'll wind up with some nice HOMs in the sky for some weird reason. My best advice is to make the barrier hug the outskirts of the level by around 64 units minimum (although I'm uncertain as to how thin it can get before you can thok through); that way, it'll eliminate those HOMs, often keep a one-sided linedef nearby at all times to cull the rendering, and generally make the level look a lot neater.

Actually, the required width is greater than 32. If you made a thok barrier of 32 units or less, you can still actually get through if you thok hard enough. You should widen your thok barriers, otherwise people might glitch through, and that's bad =P

Actually, I've found DoomBuilder defaults on 64 for me. Then again, I do recall futzing with the defaults a while ago, so that may be why. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back