South Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS # 1

One Rude Dewd.
I've decided to put up a thread about South Park, of course its funny and everything. Ha ha. But this is also a discussion topic about the show kinda abusing religious names such as Jesus and Muhammed. So, I guess this topic is kinda 2 threads in one...?

I watch it time from time, it's funny, but your other point is valid; they often rely on religion for their comedy on some basis or another. Of course though it is satirical, meaning they usually make fun of things like that.

I like how nothing is sacred for the show. There is literally nothing under the sun that the show won't approach. I like works in any medium that are willing to do that.

I missed the 201 episode. I'm kinda kicking myself for that, especially since the episode isn't currently available on South Park Studio's website.

Last edited:
Would South Park have any redeeming value if they didn't abuse things that are sacred for some? Is there anything interesting about South Park aside from shock value? I guess no.

It is still as funny as hell, usually. I do concede, though, that the past season and a half have been a bit too preachy. Perhaps the show's writers have exhausted well-known and controversial targets to mock, and so have moved onto the less-controversial (and admittedly less-deserving) ones. The recent Tiger Woods episode is one I'd consider to have fallen in the latter category.

But still, I'd consider their recent track record to be good, considering the series has been running for 14 seasons and counting.

I'm a huge South Park fan and a strong believer in free speech. If anyone feels offended by it's humor then they are free to just not watch the program. I'm disappointed that radical Muslim groups would jump to violent threats so quickly even when the prophet Muhammad wasn't shown. The Mormon prophet Joseph Smith has been featured in several episodes but have any Mormon groups threatened to kill anyone over it? No, they just ignore it like any responsible adult would.

Also, epic payback.

Ugh, I really think that South Park is tremendously overrated. I mean, yeah, it's amusing, but when you compare it to something like the Simpsons or Family Guy, it's pathetic. Practically every comedic element in South Park is done better by at least one of the Animation Domination shows (except American Dad, but being better than American Dad is hardly an extraordinary achievement), and the few things that South Park does do better are pretty forgettable, in my opinion.

I admit that I haven't seen all that much of South Park, but I have seen enough to know that it just doesn't do it for me.

When I was on Facebook the other book earlier today, I WAS gonna become a fan of South Park but then I saw a few ''Global Posts'' from many people saying they should stop making fun of religious saviors or whatever and that they should stop censoring most things. I had to agree with some of those folks, South Park should stop mentioning religious things for fun. *clicks ''Unlike''*
I only watch it when there is nothing good enough to watch.

The first seasons were wonderful. The very first episode still makes me laugh until it hurts. Fast forward some more seasons, and... I start to dislike it. I think that the moment I completely lost touch with SP was the episode where they did that anime parody which was animated like an anime and such. They do have their moments, but I don't find it as great as it used to be. Kind of llike Simpsons, only that these guys have relied on shock value a bit too much.

South Park made me want to play Rock Band 2 again:
Lady GaGa's "Poker Face"; sung by Eric Cartman

I agree South Park has declined in quality over time, it's still a funny show though. It still has a lot of good ones among some really bad ones. There are many little gems among the good and bad ones; like Make Love Not Warcraft (which is the primary reason I play WoW today). Or the sheer awesomeness that it The Critter Christmas. Disturbing, but awesome.

Kind of llike Simpsons, only that these guys have relied on shock value a bit too much.

Pff, the Simpsons have at least relied on humor. You have to admit for a show running as long as it has, it at least stayed somewhat funny at the WORST of times.

South Park... eh. The first, say, five seasons were good. After that it just got stupid. Not funny stupid, like Family Guy, just retarded stupid and trying to cram as much vomit-inducing shock as possible.

They're just raping the show at this point, it stopped being really funny a while ago, though some episodes are funny, it's only small parts.

Yeah, South Park has pretty much turned into pure shock value. However the early episodes are good because they actually rely on humor and satire for their entertainment value. The episode where they parodied Pokémon still is near and dear to my heart. Shoe FTW!

South park is awesome, eh satires everything and doesn't afraid of anything... even Muhammed!

I too enjoyed Chinpôkomon. Great use of "You American has such big penes..."

South park is not a good show. It has bad language and bad attitude's, Not good for kids.

Its comedy. :(

I own the 9th season, but want to get the 12th season on dvd soon because its been at my local K-Mart for about a year or two for 30 dollars. I like South Park alot, but since my cable was terminated in late january 2010, I have yet to see South Park again for a while until the cable comes back soon. But in my opinion, I can chuckle at South Park and it has made me laugh a lot in recent times. But yeah, I like South Park.

Yeah, South Park has pretty much turned into pure shock value. However the early episodes are good because they actually rely on humor and satire for their entertainment value.

Really? Newer episodes of South Park have far much more satire than episodes like "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" or "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig." I mean, I think what you said is pretty much backwards.

I watch the show sometimes, and it does make me laugh. I don't like new episodes as much because they aren't as, uh.. you just don't get that feeling as often.
Though, I do like all of it. And South Park deserves praise for nearly never holding back.

Southpark is one of the most disturbing shows I have ever seen.

One of the episode, is when one of the characters leads a hockey team. One of the people on the team gets sick, and his dream is for the team is to win.(If they lose, he dies) They lose.. and you see the guy die. >_<

There was also another part where Kenny jumps off a roof and dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back