• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

some sprites for a wad i'm working on

Status
Not open for further replies.
v.g.m. said:
Well I started it

I'm a little worried about transparency though. cus when I import it into xwe its got a light blue backround in the image file and it blends in with the bacround of xwe. So I cant tell will it ato tranparency anything thats light blue?

Light blue is the transparent color.

Or, more specifically, RGB(0,255,255). And I still can't believe people actually use Paint for pixel art. Doesn't even have standardized palette support, which is almost crucial to making graphics for SRB2.

FoxBlitzz said:
Or, more specifically, RGB(0,255,255). And I still can't believe people actually use Paint for pixel art. Doesn't even have standardized palette support, which is almost crucial to making graphics for SRB2.

Copy-paste works well enough, with an image of the pallette, which I've posted dozens of times. -_-

v.g.m., I have worked with your VGM.wad and most of the problems were mistakes (double check your work). There were a lot of copys of some sprites such as there were two A2A8 sprites don't do that. Also you left out the Object Config. I added it for you, but you need to draw a pic of VGM to show on the character select screen and in XWE entitle it PLAYCHAR and also the playertext is what describes him put whatever you want there. The PLAYCHAR pic needs to be 128X128. Also do you want your own 1up sprites? or sign sprites? I also noticed you did not have your taunt in the .wad. Also the box index I noticed that 4 is zim's, and 5 is just plain 1up.
hope this helps
http://www.free.xiaohost.com/download.php?file=ec4340d5e72902283d785f71fed9032a

Wow thanks for doing what you did 1up. Big help :) I owe you 1

But yeah I wonder if I'll get this wad to work i need an expert to look at it....

I am currently working on fixing this.

Until it's done, I must tell you two things you should never do when making a character WAD:

- Never put any extra lumps inbetween S_SKIN1 and the character sprite lumps.

- Never give a chraracter one direction. It just doesn't work correctly. You must give each animation at least five different direction sprite lumps, regardless of whether they look the same or not.

1-Up, I have a theory that says you don't test your WADs. That one makes the game crash when the Extra Life box comes into view.

Dude DUDE DUDE Thank you so mutch.

If I can ever repay you. If you play rune scape or animal crossing wild world i can help you there. :wink:

Thank you so mutch!

If I update the wad with dirent flying animation and more walking frames will it still have the glitch?

AGAIN THANK YOU THANK YOU.

welps I updated a few things...

like the image in the bottom corner when ur playing white realy bothered me.

And the pic when you select him has text on it now. It says Rawr its VGM.

I cant seem to make the flying animation smoother. I've tried several new sprites.

i also changed the sighn from blue face to green.

And I will update walking animations later cus thats the hardest work. XD

thanks again 1-up.

v.g.m. said:
I cant seem to make the flying animation smoother. I've tried several new sprites.

To fix that, go into XWE, open up the WAD, go to the lump of the sprite you want to fix, and change its origin. You'll notice two edit boxes above the sprite viewing area. Change those to adjust the origin.

Well I'm updating walking animations and death animation now has owned above his head.

EDIT: the wad is finished let this die or a mod can lock it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back