Suggestions

Linedef Type 415, Run Script, only for triggering player

Currently, Linedef Type 415 Run Script affects all players in the map. Make it so if the Not Climbable flag is checked, the script only affects the player who triggered it, likewise, Linedef Type 414 Play Sound Effect has similar behavior.

It would be useful when you want to execute scripted effects for certain players but it would be very disrupting if affecting everyone else.

Last edited:
What the....?

I see also no reason that Multiplayer Mode should be removed.

If you are kicked or banned from a server and if it isn't your fault, try to join another one or host one.

There is no need for such a dramatic change like that, Scizor300.

Also, I was banned for stupid reasons, But I said to myself, What the heck, and hosted a server.

Let them be stupid alone.(The stupid hosters)

What the....?

I see also no reason that Multiplayer Mode should be removed.

If you are kicked or banned from a server and if it isn't your fault, try to join another one or host one.

There is no need for such a dramatic change like that, Scizor300.

Also, I was banned for stupid reasons, But I said to myself, What the heck, and hosted a server.

By the way, what about adjusting the force of springs by angle to get inbetween yellow and red springs.

Let them be stupid alone.(The stupid hosters)

missing-the-point-sarcasm-fail-doub.jpg

Of course it won't be removed. That is a stupid reason to get rid of something that SRB2 Jr. spent time on making and than removing. This is what connect to ping is partly for, get some friends to play SRB2 with you.

By the way, what about adjusting springs force by angles? It can help get inbetween yellow and red.

Last edited:
By the way, what about adjusting springs force by angles? It can help get inbetween yellow and red.
Then you wouldn't be able to anticipate the force of the spring anymore. Instead of adjusting the springs, why not adjust the heights in your level?

Then you wouldn't be able to anticipate the force of the spring anymore. Instead of adjusting the springs, why not adjust the heights in your level?

I don't mean changing the force by that much. There may be a time where decoration might require a certain height or else it may not look right.

My other suggestion is the fact that when it splits in techno hill zone, the left side of the branch is very empty and less dangerous (a small river vs. liquid pool) than the right side and contain the shortcut. Does that image seem weird? You guys might already started to get this fixed in 2.1 though.

Last edited:
Very useful possible upgrade to A_FindTarget/A_FindTracer

I have a suggestion regarding SOCs. I think it would be quite practical to us SOCers if A_FindTarget and A_FindTracer were a bit more versatile. Perhaps it could be set up like this: Var2 lower bits (nearest or farthest object) could be moved to Var1 upper bits with the addition of adding 2 (or 131072) making the object go to its DeathState if there is no target to be found, Var2 upper bits could be used to determine the distance limit in fracunits (if there is one), and Var2 lower bits, if set to something other than 0, could be used to find an object with specific flags to look for, with multiple flags capable of being stacked on top of one another. So, basically, it would be set up like this:

VAR1 Upper = If 1, use farthest object instead of nearest, if 2, commit suicide if the desired object does not exist, if 3, do both.

VAR1 Lower = Object type

VAR2 Upper = Distance limit in fracunits

VAR2 Lower = If not 0, object must have at least these Object Flags in order to be targeted

A few examples are listed below.

Code:
VAR1 = 196610 (3 x 65536 + 2)
VAR2 = 0
(Farthest Red Crawla. If there are no Red Crawlas, the actor kills itself.)

Code:
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 6553602 (100 x 65536 + 2)
(Nearest object with MF_SOLID within 100 fracunits.)

Code:
VAR1 = 65536 (1 x 65536)
VAR2 = 33161728 (250 x 65536 + 16777728)
(Farthest object with both MF_NOGRAVITY and MF_ENEMY within 250 fracunits.)

This would be enormously useful, allowing everything from a custom-ability lightdash (thokitem keeps A_RemoteAction capechasing the player to the nearest ring within a certain distance until it runs out of rings and kills itself) to a turret that only targets players who are not in pain (only A_FireShots at objects of type 0 with MF_SHOOTABLE). I sincerely hope that one of the devs reads this and implements it in 2.1 or some later version, as it would be enormously useful to SOCers everywhere.

Last edited:
You know how (From the Wiki):
Code:
The (Thing) Fan's maximum height is determined by its Angle value. When its value is 0, it defaults to a preset height. The value can be above 360.
?

Well, I feel that should also be implemented for the Gas Jet. It just seems like a logical thing, as the Fan and Gas Jet are rather similar and the default Gas Jet's default height won't work with everything.

Last edited:
The Fan slowly raises you up, while the Gas Jet is a temporary spring. And just like springs, all Gas Jets should shoot you to the same height so players can anticipate how far they will go in advance. Design the level around the Gas Jet and not vice versa.

Well,no doubt that someone's asked for this already,but here goes.

Can you add BOTS in the game?I don't get why no one hosts servers on SRB2CB anymore,but they would have no choice if bots were in vannila SRB2.Plus,um,plus......actually,thats about all I could think of before my lost the train of thought.Hmph.

Suppose there were three different types of Gas Jets. How would you tell the different types apart without trial and error?

Suppose there were three different types of Gas Jets. How would you tell the different types apart without trial and error?

Designing one with a different look, and same with the third. Maybe shorter or longer intervals, for shorter bursts? Plus, you could always make one bright, the second mild, and the third dark.

...but why? The gas jet as it is works just fine, and it's VERY important that the player easily be able to predict what's going to happen when they hit one.

Making it darker or lighter is a really bad idea because the light level of the room you're in is going to change that for you.

How about gas jets with different height sprays coming out? Not that we really need them, but if you're going to make them, that'd be the way to do it.

Well,no doubt that someone's asked for this already,but here goes.

Can you add BOTS in the game?I don't get why no one hosts servers on SRB2CB anymore,but they would have no choice if bots were in vannila SRB2.Plus,um,plus......actually,thats about all I could think of before my lost the train of thought.Hmph.

I just dont get why we should add bots in the normal SRB2.Also,they're instable,and crashes/c-fail you (apart if you're the host).But in most cases,they c-fail you.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 10, Members: 0, Guests: 10)

Back