Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you make a version without the spin trail? It messes with level packs that have custom enemys. Anyway, good wad! I almost gave up on charather wads until this came! =)

I love the life monitor box STD, I'll be happy to add these over my crappy life monitor icon. =) Thanks STD, where would this WAD be without you? ;)
I like the idle pose frame too, good job on the eyes. I was thinking of making her tail swish around, but there's only 2 frames per angle for the idle pose, not enough. I'll just have her tap one of her feet, like Sonic does in his idle pose.
Btw, I finished the Egg Man Nega sprites and added them to my current Sol emerald project WAD to see how they look in-game. I lol'd at the first screen. :P
srb20026.png

srb20029.png

srb20033.png

It was pretty easy to do, and didn't take me long. I'm glad I added him in the extra Sol Emerald WAD instead of inside Blaze's, as his sprites take up over 400 kilobytes. Now that this is done, I can go back to finishing Blaze's sprites and polishing her superform frames.
Btw STD, I looked up SFGHQ, they had all of the vocal tracks, but none of Sonic Rush's sound effects, I'll have to look somewhere else for the sounds I need for the Custom-Sound version of Blaze.
ola said:
Could you make a version without the spin trail? It messes with level packs that have custom enemies. Anyway, good wad! I almost gave up on character wads until this came! =)
I'm glad you like the WAD ola. =) I could make another version without the spin trail, but then there would be three versions of the same WAD. That would waste hard drive space if you wanted to play net-games, as you'd have to have all three versions. (Just in case a server was too slow to let you download the version it was using.) I was thinking to work around that, I could remove the spin trail in the custom-sound version and just have the default purple spin trail. How does that sound?
If I can get some more frames done in time, I might release one more Beta before the final release, with Egg Man Nega included in the Sol Emerald WAD.

How about the silent version has the trail removed, and the custom-sound version has the trail and taunts made of the voices on SFGHQ.

Chaos Knux said:
made of the voices on SFGHQ.
She's not a member of Team Rebellion you know, so she probably won't. I think I'll try and find a good site with sound effects from Sonic Rush.

EDIT: Bah, I can't seem to find any. You'll have to talk to someone who can rip sound effects from a game.

About the new Eggman, I think it'd be better if you added at least more shading to his eggmobile and/or some variations, like, some cooler looking thrusters or something. Sorta like Baconman, but not nearly as extreame.

EDIT: Here, I've edited thew front sprite of your Eggman to show you what I mean:

.......Before.......................After
eggma1al0.png
eggma2is6.png

Dr.Pepper said:
I love the life monitor box STD, I'll be happy to add these over my crappy life monitor icon. =) Thanks STD, where would this WAD be without you? ;)
actually, if I hadn't made that blaze wad and just left it, you wouldn't have made this....

light dasher said:
actually, if I hadn't made that blaze wad and just left it, you wouldn't have made this....
lolwut, what made you think I meant that? I'm working on this Blaze WAD because I wanted to play SRB2 as Blaze really badly, and you teased me with an crappy 'alpha'! *shot*
Besides, even if you actually got around to finishing that WAD,(no offense) I still would have made mine because your's would have looked like somebody put Blaze's face through a paper shredder! *stabbed*
Back on topic:
zck2020 said:
About the new Eggman, I think it'd be better if you added at least more shading to his eggmobile and/or some variations, like, some cooler looking thrusters or something. Sorta like Baconman, but not nearly as extreame.

EDIT: Here, I've edited thew front sprite of your Eggman to show you what I mean:

.......Before.......................After
eggma1al0.png
eggma2is6.png
I remember Baconman, he fun to play. I still get a good laugh when he shoots pigs. :P Anyway, that is an excellent edit of his mecha zck2020, I like it and I've already added your changes to all of his egg-mobile sprites, thanks. You will definitely get credit for the mecha inside the Sol Emerald WAD. Here's a couple of pics of it in action.
srb20035.png

srb20036.png

Chaos Knux said:
How about the silent version has the trail removed
Good idea, I'll remove the trail from the silent variant instead of the custom sound version, but first I need to get some sounds from Sonic Rush. Too bad STD couldn't find any. The author of the NO$GBA emulator should add a feature to it that would allow you to silence different sound channels. That would help out a lot.

Re: responce to topic

blazer92287 said:
wow this wad is awesome!! now all we need is a person to make a sonic 2006.wad as a representative for the game that came out in 2006

Umm yeah about that... theres a LOT of those here.
Very nicely made WAD. I'll download it now. I've been wondering if a decent blaze WAD would show up. Thanks for this.

Dr.Pepper said:
The author of the NO$GBA emulator should add a feature to it that would allow you to silence to different sound channels. That would help out a lot.
Did you know that you can go into the sound test you get for beating sonic or blaze's story so you can rip sounds? >_>

zck2020 said:
Cool! Thanks. :D
Your welcome zck2020, thanks for making a better Egg Mobile for Eggman Nega.
zeldagamer00 said:
Did you know that you can go into the sound test you get for beating sonic or blaze's story so you can rip sounds? >_>
Uhh, don't you think that would be the first and obvious place a Sonic fan would search for sound effects? *beaten*
zeldagamer, I have two copies of the Sonic Rush(don't ask how) and I know from going through every track in the sound test, that you can't get sounds from it, just music tracks and vocal samples. (Neither of which, I need) Sad, but true, every 2D Sonic game since the Advance games have been doing that. Unless your talking about Sonic Rush Adventure? If SRA actually had sound effects in its sound test, I wouldn't know, I was too lazy to earn all of the tracks in it. :P
Btw, I changed the spin trail, how does it look?
srb20041.png

I have also improved Burning Blaze so that she has better shading like the rest of her sprites.
srb20042.png

srb20039.png

I have also finished her idle frames at all angles too, here's a pic.
srb20037.png

*digs topic from grave*
I have released the final Beta. Click here to get it
I have not changed much, but it's enough to make this worth a second release. I'm not sure how much longer the rest of the WAD is going to take to finish(very busy with a secret project), and I need some opinions on the changes I made, so I'm releasing what I have added so far.
Here are the things I changed:
-Better running frames for her diagonal angles
-Idle frames
-New Life Monitor icon made by STD
-WIP Tipping frames
-New spin trail
-Better shading on her Super Form
-Eggman Nega Boss added to the Sol Emerald WAD
I have not added the variant yet because I do not have the custom sounds that I need. Maybe somebody could rip some sounds from '06 instead, getting Sonic Rush sound effects is near impossible at the moment. D:
If you have any further suggestions to the WAD or think a certain set of frames could use more work, say it here now, or forever hold your peace! This is the last Beta, don't miss your chance to speak your mind before the final release! (Which could be any day from now.)

K. Dling now. Review later.

EDIT: Very good! The only thing I sugjust is that you give the spin item the fire tag. (or whatever you call it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back