Hey Admins/Moderators/all of guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most memes and usages of memes I imagine fall under one or more of these rules:
1. Immaturity will not be tolerated. Think before you post and use some common sense.

4. No spam. Do not make pointless topics, one-liners, polls, or forum games.

6. No flaming or trolling. Keep personal arguments off of the SRB2MB.

As Rule 1 advises though you just need to use common sense with these things.

Memes are, by definition, old jokes. Not sure how our culture wound up embellishing and championing that.

People like to feel included, and memes are things that people see and get to go "I get that joke, therefore I am part of the group!"

Hey, actual memes can still be humorous if they're cleverly and in moderation! After all, most things only become memes because enough people found them funny enough to repeat.

The secret's all in the timing, just like with any form of comedy. It's just that most people who parade memes around have no sense of comedic timing, and a poorly trained sense of humor to boot. Ergo, memes that have that potential tend to get beaten into the ground so badly that you get sick of hearing them by the time you actually recognize them. (I'm a stellar example of this)

That, and people think any picture with text in outlined Impact is a "meme". Or that the word "meme" itself is supposed to be a clever joke. Ick.

Couldn't there be an Off Topic forum where you can post memes? Don't mind me, just a random question...

Couldn't there be an Off Topic forum where you can post memes? Don't mind me, just a random question...

We once had a spam forum known as "How Do You Jump" in 2009 or so, which is probably similar. Frankly I'm still convinced it stole activity from the rest of the MB, but that may not be the reason it was eventually removed I suppose. The majority of the threads there really weren't all that funny anyway.

unfortunately our community isn't very funny
This is the REAL reason HDIJ was killed. Turns out when you gather a ton of unfunny people that don't know they're unfunny and tell people to be funny, you get really unfunny content.

I dunno, I think I'm pretty hilarious sometimes.

I dunno, I think I'm pretty hilarious sometimes.
VO7odvT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back