Spirit Week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic Chao

horns Horns HORNS
For my school, Spirit week is coming up (next week, in fact, from when this was posted).

I was just thinking, what's your spirit week like at you school? I have to dress up each day. I have a plan for each day, except Thursday (Super hero/villain day).

Spirit week, I plan on crushing it.

Horrible jokes aside, I haven't even heard of it until now as my school doesn't have it. What kind of school are you on?

I had it at my high school,basically it's a weeklong event where people dress up according to certain themes placed on each day. For example, Monday may be "Celebrity Day", Tuesday may be "Nerd Day", Wednesday may be "Superhero Day", etc.

I hate spirit week, infact I don't really care much for stuff that are to lift the spirits of students' up. Pep Rallies are an earrape, aswell as boring, and Spirit week is just an excuse for some girls to dress up like sluts, guys to sag thier pants, and for me to stay out of the crowd.

I hate spirit week, infact I don't really care much for stuff that are to lift the spirits of students' up. Pep Rallies are an earrape, aswell as boring, and Spirit week is just an excuse for some girls to dress up like sluts, guys to sag thier pants, and for me to stay out of the crowd.
Couldn't Agree more.

My school's the same. :/ Last year, they had a day where boys and girls were allowed to dress up as the OPPOSITE gender. Technically, I called it "Everyone-Dress-Up-Like-A-Transexual-Day". Friends and I stayed out of it.

Pep rallies suck in my opinion.

I stand too much, makes my legs sore. My ears can't even hear the loud music considering the fact I've heard the same song, like, 999,999,999,999,999 times.

My school has pep rallies for middle school, too(I'm in the 8th grade).
And get this:
Just today, there was an elementary one. Seriously.
An elementary pep rally. I go to a school called redacted.

And unless you're in my computer class, you'll never find out who I am by this info anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
And unless you're in my computer class, you'll never find out who I am by this info anyway.

Why was that information necessary anyway?

There is a spirit week at my school. Usually it's not all bad, but I tend not to dress on most days unless I think one of the themes is an opportunity to completely mock myself. I'll never dress in school colors, but I sure as hell want to come to school as a pirate. (It was a theme once.)

Ugh.... Spirit Week. Thankfully today's the last day of my Spirit Week.

HEY KIDS! I heard you had self esteem issues! Here! Get involved in our schools in Spirit Week, and make an ass out of yourself in the pep rally! WHOOO!

The only good thing about my pep rally is that the band instructor apparently has a hard on for Stevie Wonder music. Too bad they butcher the music though, and they always play "Isn't She Lovely" every time they announce the Homecomming Queen. Yech.. How they make this music so blaring and obnoxious is beyond me.

But yeah. The School System can take their Spirit Week and shove it. I don't want a part in it.

I know. Stereotyping is very good for exaggerating a point, so that everybody understands it at first sight.

It is, however, Christian. I am skeptical of religious schools in general, because they are a violation of secularization for me. Then again, the US don't hold that for important nowadays.

Since when are Christian Schools a violation of secularization? Personally, I think there is room for more than just one thing in the world, if they could learn to get along.

It is, however, Christian. I am skeptical of religious schools in general, because they are a violation of secularization for me. Then again, the US don't hold that for important nowadays.
Now, hold on a minute. I'm not very religious, and I support the separation of church and state to the end, and I agree that the U.S. should ideally work harder to enforce it. But I don't consider religious institutions to stand in violation of that. The government supports institutions of several different religions, effectively protecting each religious group's right to be a part of their respective communities. The government does not force people to attend these schools; it is a decision for the parents and children. There are certainly ways the system can be improved, but I don't think it constitutes undue religious influence over the state.

I kind of agree with Chaotic Chao here. While this doesn't sound like a school I would want to attend, it is unfair to make sweeping generalizations about it based on its name. For all we know, it isn't even a government-supported institution at all; it could be a private school (is it?). There are plenty of private schools in the United States. Even direct religious indoctrination is still perfectly legal in private schools (as I know from personal experience) because the government has no hand in the curriculum.

Did... Did I really say "violation"? That's nonsense of course, I meant to say they stand in contrast to secularization. Of course it's not really a violation, since nobody is forced to attend them, but I don't think education and religion should be mixed.

Me, neither...I'm just saying that if the government forced religious schools to avoid all religious topics, it would be no better than the Church telling the government what to do. The phrasing of our laws is "separation of church and state" not "dominance of state over church".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back