Official Level Design Contest: March/April 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice said:
Hahaha, my friends think I'm crazy for entering my first wad into a contest...
You're crazy for entering your first WAD into a contest. They usually tend to suck (I know my first one did)...

But at least there's no better way to get constructive criticism!

Meh. I was really not happy with Emerald Valley Zone but I entered it anyway for the criticism. It was accepted much better than I expected it to be, though. o.o

Emerald valley was actually really good. Until half way which was practically was spring->spring->spring->platform, repeat.

I have a feeling that we're going to have another goose-egg level pack:

Draykon said:
My level would no doubt suck again, but that's how we learn.

mikesword221 said:
I had already put my map up for the contest! It didn't get in last time so I thought that when this level design contest came, I could fix it up and finish it. There's a -1% chance out of 100% chance that I can win.

Zanyhead said:
The Match division better watch out for...MY FIRST (Finished) MAP EVAR!

To Roy said:
Still promoting thokfests, I see? Perhaps you'd like to incorporate some jumps into your level design.

Glaber said:
Green Hill Zone Act 2 is nearing compleation! Just to let you know it will be short.
Please, for the love of Pete, do NOT make it as short as Emerald Valley Zone or Daimondus Zone Act 2.

Glaber said:
And Match (Voiced Concern 1)
Hopefully, this will still be amusing in spite of the World of Pain.

Ice said:
Hahaha, my friends think I'm crazy for entering my first wad into a contest...

Not to mention I'm very nervous about Metal Spire Zone. The dimensions are actually smaller than Kaysakado's Fail. However, there are also 6 floors, and it is actually very easy to traverse from one floor to another, especially as Sonic. No, it does NOT lag. Triangular FOFs FTW.

All I have to say is you all better pray to your kind and merciful gods that Boinciel or BZ4 doesn't finish their already looking amazing levels...
If either of them submits, they you are all screwed royally.

And it will make me laugh...

Although, if they both get their levels in, it will be BZ4 that comes out on top me thinks, although it will be close...

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I have a feeling that we're going to have another goose-egg level pack:

*Insert quotes used here*

Urmm... you forgot about me...

I haven't worked on Mech Mountain Act 2 so much for weeks now... and there's only a few days left!! I'll have to try to half-rush and half-detail it in order to get it in on time!!

EDIT: If neither Boincel or BZ4 submit their maps, there's chance mine could be first , if it weren't for the chances going to the other SinglePlayer map entries too...

I'm also waiting for SB's latest report before sending my levels in.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Glaber said:
Green Hill Zone Act 2 is nearing compleation! Just to let you know it will be short.
Please, for the love of Pete, do NOT make it as short as Emerald Valley Zone or Daimondus Zone Act 2.

Glaber said:
And Match (Voiced Concern 1)
Hopefully, this will still be amusing in spite of the World of Pain.
Regarding the WOP, I've set it so that it's Hard Mode only, And I never said it was Green Hill Genesis.

Kroze said:
All I have to say is you all better pray to your kind and merciful gods that Boinciel or BZ4 doesn't finish their already looking amazing levels...
You know, I don't think FFZ2 will be done soon at all.

At all.

BlueZero4 said:
Kroze said:
You know, I don't think FFZ2 will be done soon at all.

At all.

Hey... I am trying to SCARE these n00bs and you are NOT helping...
SHOO AND GO FINISH UR LEVEL FOR ME TO PLAY!!!!

But Kroze, little do YOU know that the longer I spend working on it, the more the n00bs will be shaking in their boots.

Okay gents, the day of reckoning will soon be here. Finish up your levels and prepare to have your wad's torn up with criticism!

glaber said:
No there were 2 other Green Hills. Think about Sega's other systems.
Then think of the Green Hill levels in SA2, Sonic Battle and SSB Brawl. There are a lot of Green Hill Zones.

Game Gear, Tennis, 1, Sonic 2 Beta, Neo Green Hill Zone (if that counts), Brawl, Adventure 2. There's probably more Green Hill Zone references.

Again. Sonic Battle had an unlockable Green Hill Zone stage.

Plus what about that level from Sonic Advance 3 (I think) that uses Green Hill music? I know it wasn't called Green Hill, but still.

I have submitted my single-player map, Flooded Mine Zone. Prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back