• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

So some of the kart levels created by Blitz-T...

I hope this level is gonna be remade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM2LZoFE3II

Also is its ok if i make my own kart levels before this mod is release?

I mean you can if you want to but from what I'm guessing is that most stuff that you will make will probably won't work in the next version that's currently being worked on because of new code, physics, etc. I could be entirely wrong but I'm just looking at this from a technical standpoint.

Stuff for nerds:

Many of you might remember the stats in 1.9 Kart.

In 2.1 Kart, they have been dramatically reworked. They now work hand-in-hand with the changes to friction that have been hinted in previous posts.

To confirm, in 2.1 Kart friction is a lot lower. This was a change pioneered by Iceman, and though it took me until recently with adjusting balance of the cast for the stats detailed below, everyone in Kart's dev team have warmed up to this change.

This change in friction means a loss of speed when making wide turns, as opposed to 1.9's breakneck pace and sticky drifting. This works well with making the overhaul to stats more noticeable, and every character with unique stats will now feel different. As development progresses and more characters are introduced, your choice in character may not be due to a cast favorite, but because one of them meshes better with your play style than another.

Stats in 2.1 Kart have changed from "Speed" "Handling" "Recovery", to two: "Speed" and "Weight".

Speed affects both top speed and acceleration simultaneously. The lower a character's speed stat, the higher their acceleration will be. With the change to friction causing a loss in speed, a dramatically high top-speed may not necessarily out-pace a dramatically high acceleration.

Weight changes how a character handles in a number of ways. By default, drifting provides a gradual inward curve, and awards drift sparks and turbos over time, which can be gained faster by drifting 'inward' rather than 'outward'.

A light character will have much more control over their drift, being capable of taking corners very tightly. A heavy character with have much less control, and the automatic curve becomes much more 'straight'. This straighter curve comes with the advantage that drifting inward does not cause you to lose as much speed, while at the same time allowing you to gain drift boosts much quicker to compensate the difficulty in turning.

In general, drift boosts are accumulated much faster by a 'accel, heavy' character than they are by a 'speed, light' character. In fact, while the latter might sound like the optimal play style (lighting speed and tight corners!), the inability to gain boosts cause them to lose a lot of speed.

We have reached a point in balancing where entire races between these four extremes still have remarkably close results, so your decision on which character to play relies entirely on preference and skill.

Awesome! Can't wait until we get a demo. I had a question though, what characters do you guys plan to add? Will we get all the characters from 2.0 kart?

It's been a while since one of the usual updates, so this time we've got a lot to show off here. Let's start with the most interesting changes:

-Bumping and Weight stats have been added! Lighter characters will be pushed more from bumps and vice-versa for heavier characters. Try to use it to your advantage in a race!

-Items have been readjusted to distanced based distribution! How far away you are from the guy ahead of you will determine what item you receive now. You can see it's effects here.
Also seen in this gif: Your current speed and angle are retained when jumping off of Diagonal Springs, use a mushroom for maximum effect. Just watch where you land...

-Blue Mountain Zone is getting a revamp! Progress is pretty slow due to work & School, but I have the basic layout set up, which you can see here

Lastly here are screenshots of two new courses, you've seen Sunbeam Paradise, but Blitz-T has enhanced it with slopes and added polish:

srb20075.png

Jewel Race is a course based off of Sonic Adventure 2's Chao Race Stadium:
srb20076.png

With all that being said, we'll be streaming some Dev Kart for you all immediately after this post, check it out if you have time! <---Stream Link

Testing Shenanigans #1

Testing Shenanigans # 2

I missed the stream. fuck you too college, also R.I.P Old Blue Mountain. I'm loving what I'm seeing, it's so beautiful! I have a question, remember those Sonic-themed Mario Items? Are those still a thing?

EDIT: Also is purple sparks and slipstream are going to be a thing now?

Last edited:
An old friend with new tricks
srb20005.gif

I missed the stream. fuck you too college, also R.I.P Old Blue Mountain. I'm loving what I'm seeing, it's so beautiful! I have a question, remember those Sonic-themed Mario Items? Are those still a thing?

EDIT: Also is purple sparks and slipstream are going to be a thing now?

No Sparks, no Slipstreams, Sonic-Themed items will come much later.

unknown.png

<Chrome> Make a joke about Kart being a fine wine that gets better with age

Anyway, AAZ Kart is going well

It looks even better on screenshot. Don't let the grasswalls attack you again.

It looks even better on screenshot. Don't let the grasswalls attack you again.

Don't let the grasswalls... Nonsense! We both know that there's no escape from the grasswall. Redwall was only a warning.

Nice screenshot you got there, sev. Now I can finally analyze this skybox in maximum quality : ^)

srb20016.gif

Gif courtesy of Zarro

Progress is absurdly slow for a few reasons right now:
>We're all mostly lazy and dealing with severe life struggles
>A lot of Blitz-T maps need to be touched up to include slopes, which have heavily changed gameplay more than you'd have thought they would by just being there. Blitz maps comprise most of the game's roster, he's a heavy contributor; especially after a lot of the zones list was toasted for being bad. Stuff in general's being pulled up to standards, slowly, much like that port. A lot of ports are getting killed off, with only very very few being left in that're up to visual standards, their only merit.

I so wish I could get back into making maps for Kart, like I used to during the older days. Although I would try to avoid anything as ridiculous as WL3, AKA that one infamous level which had very tight corners.

srb20040.gif

Here's a peek at Staff Attack! Right after I fixed our Record Attack demos being broken I went straight to implementing this insanity :p

Amazing.
Why wouldn't 2.2 sprites be used there?
(i know it's SRB2 Kart 2.1 not 2.2 but, hey it's delaying 2.2!)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back