SC_Medpack (Previously known as SC_GMS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BloomingHeptagon: What? Me? Wrong with usernames? Pixie-Vortex, VikingBlast942, kindly reinform this user that I clearly have no problems saying people's usernames..incorrectly.

@Pixie-Vortex: So you prefer the S4 size of the wall textures?

I made my textures (SF version) big to reduce massive tiling (very noticeable in this screenshot). I, however, did not mean to make the grass tile that big, however, as you normally do not see it much. Did you happen to change the texture? I don't remember it being that big; I believe I made it as big as a single rock square (about the size of the Releases versions grass), but it looks twice as big in the screenshot.

EDIT: Speaking of which, where'd that foreground bush go? I thought I sent you that Sonic Advance-style one along with the rest of the textures.

Last edited:
@Sanuc200000 Why would you send a Sonic Advance bush if you wanted the textures to fit in with the SRB2 style? Also, thanks a lot. Now I'll never be able to un-see the massive tiling in Splash Hill.

@DaNurse Funny, some other people on some other site also call me Pixie.

The Sonic Advance bush fits much better with the palette, saved me time making something new, and it does fit with the rest of the game (with some tweaks).

Last edited:
@DatMedic No... you're not spelling badly the usernames..... :o

Lawl, anyway, what about releasing 3 versions of Splash Hill apart from the normal pack? You know, so we can take the design we like more, and all jappi! :B

@DatMedic No... you're not spelling badly the usernames..... :o

Lawl, anyway, what about releasing 3 versions of Splash Hill apart from the normal pack? You know, so we can take the design we like more, and all jappi! :B

Seems like a good idea. Then what should be the default textures for the main release?

Seems like a good idea. Then what should be the default textures for the main release?

The most voted one. Just wait, schedule some date, and the most voted texture will be the default. AND, then zip all the levels in one compressed file. Then anyone can select their favourite texture, and...
THE END.

@hex well so far it's a tie between R2-D2 and SF. Also, the idea of having all the texture choices in one zip is foolish. Who would want to download something they do not want? They will simply be placed as separate attachments.

I don't think enough people have voted to make any kind of assessment yet. Also, this isn't super important, but shouldn't the new character have different sprites to differentiate it from default Sonic? It's not a big concern right now, but if you ever get around to make Match/CTF levels, I think you should consider it.

I don't think enough people have voted to make any kind of assessment yet. Also, this isn't super important, but shouldn't the new character have different sprites to differentiate it from default Sonic? It's not a big concern right now, but if you ever get around to make Match/CTF levels, I think you should consider it.

That is a good point, however this character is made specifically for this pack. Its like using the light dash ability in match levels.

I would make some sprites, however I'm not that good of a spriter. I'm hardly a spriter at all. Also while I was playtesting the levels as this character, it seemed right for it to use the current SRB2 sprites. But I will see what I could do on this matter.

I continued working on some stuff today, and here are some stuff that I have updated (yet still not uploaded):

Finished Glyphic Canyon's mach speed (it's a bit harder than the manray one shown in the gif I posted so long ago)

Finished manray completely (even added a small extra part)

And, as a bonus, I decided to give a little gift to OpenGL users and decided to take 2.1's skybox usage to my advantage. Do note, the following picture is a skybox test for the upcoming sky level, and was simply put in GC for testing purposes, also note this was a test, I know right now it looks ugly, but for a test, it rates pretty well:

Holy shit, that skybox definitely doesn't look like anything I ever expected to see in this game. Keep it up. (I wonder if we can look forward to some MD2-based decorations in future? Might be really neat.)

Holy shit, that skybox definitely doesn't look like anything I ever expected to see in this game. Keep it up. (I wonder if we can look forward to some MD2-based decorations in future? Might be really neat.)

This skybox was actually possible to make in srb2cb, however I never put my idea to work. Here was the test, and though the skybox has many problems, these can easily be fixed. But yes, seeing this in the game is beautiful. Also, didn't Jeck Jims make md2s for decorations? Even if so, I am willing to make my versions of them. Kinda like how there are 14 spriters making sonic, there are 4 modelers doing something similar :p.

Well this is bothering me. GCZ and SHZ/HSZ both have that sort of ancient feel to them and yet, Splash Hill and Manray don't. It's mostly the higher quality textures, but there's something off about the transition between all of them.

Also, what exactly is Hipster Sanic standing on in that second image? Also, only now am I seeing the water... the one thing that should never have clipping issues and it did.

The level looks great though.

The idea of using models for skyboxes in vanilla OpenGL mode just made me laugh my ass off. Clever

I was looking at stuff to replace models with, but the only thing (literally) that confuses me, are the botanic serenity things...apparently all of the big flowers use the same four letter base O_o, how can I attach a model to each separate flower?

Last edited:
Oh god please no. NO! A BUD MODEL? ;_;
Anyway, you're not going to release the model.... isn't? :|

I might. After all, flower bud has the best background story to go after eggman. His parents were killed when eggman destroyed greenflower city, and now bud wants revenge, and tries to stop Eggman's plan on egg rock. His model is creepy as hell though, he smiles all the time, and when jumping there is one frame that looks like you are staring into his soul through the top of his head.

Anyways, I have begun the sky level, and I might have the act 1 music blue warrior's four warriors music for it, while act 2 will have the sky level/soaring music for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back