SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the tag browser, something I actually wanted since the beginning of this topic but never really suggested thruoughly. Great job.

whenever I try doing CTRL+T to bring the Tagging Browser (as you said on IRC if i remember) It gives me a Error #59 Subscript out of range or something like that

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
whenever I try doing CTRL+T to bring the Tagging Browser (as you said on IRC if i remember) It gives me a Error #59 Subscript out of range or something like that
Thanks. I haven't tested it yet, but I suspect that happens when you press Ctrl+T with nothing selected. Ctrl+T isn't for the tag browser, though (you get that from the tools menu); it's for finding linedefs/sectors tagged to selected sectors/linedefs, respectively. I'll try to get round to fixing that bug in the not-too-distant future.

New build: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0569864/builder_srb2-r23.zip. I would probably have held off releasing this, were it not for the fact that it fixes a crash that I introduced last time. Changes:

Code:
! Crash when finding tag target with nothing selected.
! Sel+zoom from the context menu in the tag browser didn't work.
+ Made the edge-scrolling a little more intelligent: before, it could scroll up
  even when the user dragged downwards, for example.
+ In 3D mode, brightness of flats takes FOFs into account. Water will still be
  wrong, though, and I haven't touched sidedefs yet.

Not much needs to be said, I don't think. I await your discovery of whatever bug I've contrived to write in this time. :)

Oogaland said:
New build: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0569864/builder_srb2-r23.zip. I would probably have held off releasing this, were it not for the fact that it fixes a crash that I introduced last time. Changes:

Code:
! Crash when finding tag target with nothing selected.
! Sel+zoom from the context menu in the tag browser didn't work.
+ Made the edge-scrolling a little more intelligent: before, it could scroll up
  even when the user dragged downwards, for example.
+ In 3D mode, brightness of flats takes FOFs into account. Water will still be
  wrong, though, and I haven't touched sidedefs yet.

Not much needs to be said, I don't think. I await your discovery of whatever bug I've contrived to write in this time. :)

Cool. *downloads*

What I like about the new builds is that they seem to be very bug free and stable. Perhaps it's close to Beta now?

I found another problem in Srb2 Builder

It seems that when you are in the operation of Copying/Pasting something, (like a Linedef or a sector) and when you decide to try and paste another thing (while in the operation), It crashes...

*nudge*

Another thing I think will be neat for this, is the ability to see emblems in 3D mode when you specify the location in MAINCFG. As well as the ability to mess with the ZHeight of the emblem in 3D mode.

r24

New build: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0569864/builder_srb2-setup-r24.exe. You'll notice that there's now an installer. This is because I've decided to move into a beta-ish phase. I'm freezing the implementation of new features for the moment, and trying to get as many bugs fixed as possible. I'll still be grateful for any feature suggestions, of course, but it may be a while until I get around to implementing them.

Here's what's changed since last time:

Code:
! The large, stretched polygons in 3D mode have been fixed, although there may
  be a deeper problem remaining.
! One sector-reference-breaking pasting bug fixed. May also reduce other cases
  of such corruption.
! Pasting while pasting in linedef mode crashed.
+ F_SKY1 and colourmap textures no longer identified as missing.
+ Can now select between OGG and MIDI music in testing options.
! Crash when undoing while pasting in linedefs mode.
! Crash when hovering over linedefs following a cancelled linedef paste.

The new features aren't terribly exciting, I'm afraid. A couple of sizable bugs have been removed, however. The 3D mode one was particularly annoying.

As I mentioned, I'll be concentrating my efforts on fixing bugs. Accordingly, detailed bug reports would be particularly appreciated. In the case of crashes, it would be most helpful if you could include the details from the event log related to the crash. (Look in Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Log/Application for that. The entry will be labelled "Application Error" and will have a cross.) Example wads are useful, too.

That's all for now.

Nice job Ooga... cept I have a little problem...

whenever I try to start up srb2 builder it gives me an error saying:
error 424 in LoadConfiguration: Object required...

Flame_the_hedgehog said:

It's probably Builder.cfg. Try copying that from your old installation into the new one. I'll update the archive when I have a moment. Thanks for pointing that out.

Oogaland said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:

It's probably Builder.cfg. Try copying that from your old installation into the new one. I'll update the archive when I have a moment. Thanks for pointing that out.

Crap... And after I just uninstalled doombuilder too... and it got rid of the folder with the Builder.cfg too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back