SC_Medpack (Previously known as SC_GMS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have much input on this level pack since I stopped playing as soon as I got to the Dimps-esque section (homing attack chains over bottomless pits add nothing to the gameplay) and then I died.

I don't understand what you got out of adding the emerald hunting system since the level is so linear. I really wanted to experience a 2D section in here but I just couldn't since I can't seem to find a decent Modern Sonic. DOOD64 pretty much scared me away from the Lua script one (mostly those awkward controls and me wanting to use a PS3 controller).

That's just a bad first impression for a level. I don't know if I missed anything in the first post, but don't do that.

I feel like a broken record saying what was basically already said, but these were my first experiences with your WAD and they weren't good.

Repeated complaints are repeated, anything new?

Also, advice, recommendations, ideas, things of the sort. Do post.

Remove the treasure hunting system entirely, take out a few enemies, no homing attack chains without added homing attack (I'm just gathering every piece of criticism), make level design less... linear (add more pathways, make the level seem less small and empty), try to make the level pop out more than it did in Shadow the Hedgehog (the level doesn't look very aesthetically interesting to be honest)... that's all I can think of.

Keep in mind I only did Glyphic Canyon, so I'll have more criticism if I can get to the other stages.

Alright, I started to do some updating and stuff, but I'd like to get an opinion on this new Mach speed moment for Manray:

srb20000.gif

That looks a million times better, but are you going to change the spikes metal platform? The texture blends together with the spikes they're resting on. Make it a darker metal and you'll be good to go.

Also make the exit into a dark tunnel so that you can't accidentally jump over it or go around it, like I've done several times.

That looks a million times better, but are you going to change the spikes metal platform? The texture blends together with the spikes they're resting on. Make it a darker metal and you'll be good to go.

Also make the exit into a dark tunnel so that you can't accidentally jump over it or go around it, like I've done several times.

Very well, these changes will be made.

That Mach Speed section looks great. Especially when you compare it to something like...

Let's not talk about that.

I do like how you have multiple pathways you can pick from. It's great to see 3D Sonic without being railroaded so often. It makes levels seem so much bigger.

I love 06 :\.

Also, the new update will come some time next week, maybe the week after, it depends. I'm not on my computer much these days.

Yo, I ran into the funniest thing. I was breaking your levels with the Modern Sonic lua script (http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=38991). By the way, the mach speed camera is broken.

Anyway, I was boosting in Splash Hill, and I hit an enemy, and and and...

It crashed the game. I can't get a screenshot, but it crashed. I was running the OpenGL windowed. The music was still going, but nothing worked. I think it might be a problem with the Lua script itself, but I'm not sure if that's just a custom enemy problem.

I've finally decided to come back from hiatus to post this:

832885827f.png

This needs to be fixed as soon as possible. If you die between this checkpoint and the next, this one little guy will cost you a game over. It's just bad enemy placement.

On an unrelated note, the MP3 audio not only hurts the filesize, but seems lazy since there's no looping. If you want, I can loop the tracks for you and send you the new files to help cut down the size of the wad.

Oh yeah, I ran into that as well. Annoying.

Remember how in every other Sonic game the checkpoint usually had no enemies near it? I think that's why...

Yo, I ran into the funniest thing. I was breaking your levels with the Modern Sonic lua script (http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=38991). By the way, the mach speed camera is broken.

Anyway, I was boosting in Splash Hill, and I hit an enemy, and and and...

It crashed the game. I can't get a screenshot, but it crashed. I was running the OpenGL windowed. The music was still going, but nothing worked. I think it might be a problem with the Lua script itself, but I'm not sure if that's just a custom enemy problem.
I used one of Motd's Modern Sonic Wads and ran into the same issue... It's probably a SIGSEV

Oh yeah, I ran into that as well. Annoying.

Remember how in every other Sonic game the checkpoint usually had no enemies near it? I think that's why...
I Think that's why this is BEST played in Single Player... Still no co-op availability...

@Doun: I update all the stuff at once, I fixed the no co-op thing, it will be uploaded in the next update. (Did I explain that in a weird way?)

@Others: Enemy placement near that checkpoint fixed.

@Pixel: There are no custom enemies in this pack, and no crashes have been reported after hitting an enemy in any level. I am guessing that is the Lua script that you were using's fault. Also, the mach speed camera is working fine. For both levels that it appears in.

Don't mind Sonic disappearing. I was using Virt's Sonic Colors md2. Anyway, no matter how I get to this (or Manray Zone's Mach Speed section), this happens. I am running it in OpenGL.

LGZpFS6.png

Were you using Analog mode? Analog mode messes up the camera when using the camera linedef thingy. Don't use analog mode.

Also, another opinion needed. Custom textures in Glyphic Canyon. Yay, or nay? "Fo Sho" - CJ, or "Oh no!" - Knuckles? Help, or Hurt?

*Note, the sky was a test, skybox passed the test, sky itself did not*

*Also note, the skybox itself isn't finished*

Thanks (Any yeah, I love analog mode to :( but since it messes with the camera, I don't use it for this pack. I mainly use analog mode on the original levels/jaminw.wad for the wii)

Also updated a bit of Manray to have a bit more of a mechanical base like feel to it, also made it a tad bit longer.

Splash Hill was updated to have some texture alignments properly, some minor sector changes, fixed a non-death pit that was supposed to be a death pit, and yeah.

Remember, these updates are not yet uploaded, they will be uploaded either at the end of this or the next week.

Thanks (Any yeah, I love analog mode to :( but since it messes with the camera, I don't use it for this pack. I mainly use analog mode on the original levels/jaminw.wad for the wii)

Also updated a bit of Manray to have a bit more of a mechanical base like feel to it, also made it a tad bit longer.

Splash Hill was updated to have some texture alignments properly, some minor sector changes, fixed a non-death pit that was supposed to be a death pit, and yeah.

Remember, these updates are not yet uploaded, they will be uploaded either at the end of this or the next week.

Oh yeah, I ran into THAT.

tKwXZlk.png

Also, Virt's model actually showed up this time. Hooray!

Oh yeah, I ran into THAT.

Image of Virt's Sonic-Colors-Sonic in a fake death pit. lol

Also, Virt's model actually showed up this time. Hooray!

Using Greeneyes for Sonic Colors model, Jeck Sonic model for normal Sonic, and moremoremore...

I did not have any problem with that :V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back