SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos Zero 64 said:
And in order to make proper skating, you'd need the actual skating sprites. Every attemp at it has always been one frame, or all 8 frames, but for one side (D5-K5). I think skating is harder than walking, as no one has ever done a complete set. Even Donnyku couldn't do it. His running frames are like tip-toeing or something. I hate it.

I still think it could be done, even though it hasn't been done yet. But yes, I agree with you... Every attempt at making a complete skating set for Shadow has either not been done very good or never finished, but I think Jman's is the exception...

Here is my idea of what one of the skating frames should look like, as a big Paint picture I just made now, coloured in, with no shading of any sort...

2 Versions of it, one with the fire from the shoes, and one without...
SHADSKATE.png
SHADSKATE2.png

Was it nessessary to do this? If not, I'll just say I felt like drawing this quickly-made pic in Paint.

Shadow didn't haave his skates in the normal game,nor did they speckle that yellow thing.

He used the darkness to anyone who didn't know.

Autosaver said:
Shadow didn't have his skates in the normal game,nor did they speckle that yellow thing.

I never said the darkness weren't skates.
Also thanks for telling me the air shoes part.

Autosaver said:
Autosaver said:
Shadow didn't have his skates in the normal game,nor did they speckle that yellow thing.

I never said the darkness weren't skates.
Also thanks for telling me the air shoes part.

Aren't they called soap shoes?

Shadow's were called air shoes if memory serves correctly.

edit: ugh... can't remember, I'll edit this later.

Shadic_the_Human said:
well have you noticed in sonic riders everone's shoes has a different style to it?? Mabey someone could make his shoes acutally look more like that, being more modern dont you agree?
No. The characters just had more sporty costumes. Had nothing to do with looking like it was set in the future.

Shadic_the_Human said:
EDIT: Oh, i think i get it now but if it wasnt supposed to look like it was set in the future how come there were floating cars and everything??
*sigh* The game WAS set in the future. Or at least the first level's set in a place called Future City (also true). I said that their costumes don't have ANYTHING to do with that.

I mean come on, if their costumes were affected by when the game's set, then Amy, Tails and Knuckles wouldn't be in their normal costumes in certain cutscenes.

Their racer costumes don't even look futuristic anyway. Goggles =/= future.

Well, while testing sound stuff, I ended up finding why joiners crash when the level is already in play. Or at least, I think. I tried adding a sound to the Standing frame for a specific mode, and it always crashed. I started the game on a different level with a different mode, and it didn't crash. Even when I warped back. So for now, I'll remove it. I still don't know if it's true, since I haven't tested it online. And if it really is true, then Taunts from performing tricks might also crash early joiners.

For a big Riders progress note, I'll just say this. I've been thinking about it for months already, and ended up agreeing with myself. Mario mode will now be Mario Kart mode.

I already turned off all of Riders' gameplay stuff, and made the jump button the accelerate button. For the characters, I couldn't really find a way to make a skin stop completely when it's not in the right mode. If, say, Mario is in a Riders level, to force him to not move an inch.

For levels, I've simply been playing the old MKRaces5 mod from the 1.09.2 folder. I've been getting some ideas, but I haven't made anything. And for Jman's mod, I have it on a different computer, and only played it once.

So for now, I'll try to finish Jet quick, make one more level for Riders, and come up with a few Kart levels. I might just rename this mod to SRB2 Races.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
shayne, are you sure you downloaded the right zip? It should be on my site, here:
http://cz64.sepwich.com/files/srb2riders.zip

Hopefully, you're not getting the ancient zip from Lithium Powered.

If you got it from my Sepwich site, then try deleting all the riders files, and unzipping them again. Maybe the computer is not actually overwriting the old files.

The current and latest mod should have zlib1.dll and libpng13.dll included.
ok, i did that, and followed the link, but still the same! oh well, i used it as a wad to check out the levels, and very nice!

Chaos Zero 64 said:
For a big Riders progress note, I'll just say this. I've been thinking about it for months already, and ended up agreeing with myself. Mario mode will now be Mario Kart mode.

I already turned off all of Riders' gameplay stuff, and made the jump button the accelerate button. For the characters, I couldn't really find a way to make a skin stop completely when it's not in the right mode. If, say, Mario is in a Riders level, to force him to not move an inch.

For levels, I've simply been playing the old MKRaces5 mod from the 1.09.2 folder. I've been getting some ideas, but I haven't made anything. And for Jman's mod, I have it on a different computer, and only played it once.

So for now, I'll try to finish Jet quick, make one more level for Riders, and come up with a few Kart levels. I might just rename this mod to SRB2 Races.

Big quote O_o. I could help by making a few MKDS Circuts, if I get a little more experince.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back