SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Ninja said:
Kaysakado said:
Already done. The stairs tool.
Stairs tool is broken. At least in the version I have. Also, why is the website down?
It's broken in various measures in different versions. Most recent is probably the best, but it's still flaky. Website should be back up on Monday.

EDIT: Actually, it appears to be up again already.

Please, fix up the stair tool. Like, add options to where you can change the direction of where the slope starts and ends.

Sykotic said:
Please, fix up the stair tool. Like, add options to where you can change the direction of where the slope starts and ends.

...And make it so you can pick the height of the floor to start, and the height of the floor to end.

Edit: Why does it say there's 40 pages instead of 39?

Sykotic said:
What were you thinking of for that, exactly? The direction of the stairs is determined (up to right-angle rotations) by the geometry of the sector; so there are only four possible choices, two of which you're already given.

I'm very much disinclined to fix the stair tool, since it's really just a quick hack. Making it work nicely would take a lot of effort, and it's really pretty straightforward to make steps with the gradient tools, which give you much more control of the layout to boot.

Oogaland said:
I'm very much disinclined to fix the stair tool, since it's really just a quick hack. Making it work nicely would take a lot of effort, and it's really pretty straightforward to make steps with the gradient tools, which give you much more control of the layout to boot.
But with out the stair tool, it gets pretty hard to make those curves that it can make.

You want exact elliptical steps? Make a ton of sectors, use a graph and some *don't know what type of math it is* then just apply the individual numbers to the sectors... Elliptical steps aren't even practical anyways, since they are hard to make, implement, and slopes themselves aren't practical in SRB2 anyways. Decorative yes, but if you are willing to go so far into decoration, then you shouldn't mind going through the bother of calculating it.

Oogaland said:
Sykotic said:
What were you thinking of for that, exactly? The direction of the stairs is determined (up to right-angle rotations) by the geometry of the sector; so there are only four possible choices, two of which you're already given.

Add some options so you can make the stairs start or end at certain points.

Let's say you have a square. You want the stairs to radiate from the center. Add options like radiation, point of start (where the stairs will start from), and in what direction they will go.

What did you mean about the stuff in bold?

Sykotic said:
What did you mean about the stuff in bold?
If a sector's rectangular, for example, your stairs can only really go left-to-right, right-to-left, top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top. Arbitrary directions wouldn't work well at all (and would be a nightmare to implement in the conversion tool).

I got some error with the node builder. It says to check map errors or select another node builder. I did it and the same. And map is saved with no sectors.

Do what it says. Check your map for errors. If it has crossed linedefs or unclosed sectors, nodebuilding won't work. If you send it to me, I can fix it up for you, if you want.

GCFreak said:
Do what it says. Check your map for errors. If it has crossed linedefs or unclosed sectors, nodebuilding won't work. If you send it to me, I can fix it up for you, if you want.
I have saved a map from srb2.srb
It has no errors.

EDIT 1: I'll uninstal and instal it again. I'll tell you if it worked.

EDIT 2: It worked!

Please learn how to use the edit button and stop double/triple posting. I have been nice and fixed it up for you instead of banning you. Please be more careful in the future - Sonict

I have set and blue and red flag. When I watn to go on the team and I come to the flag (I touch it) and then nothing. It's not changing. Then I got to enter the code to go on the team. It works when I pick up the flag and when I want to captire it then nothing. I got the blue flag and I returned to the red and I touch the red and nothing happens. Help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back