SRB2 fixed my sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namo

I **** you not.

For the longest time, the sound on my computer was broken, and diagnostics said it was an issue with the sound card frying out.

I was bored, and downloaded SRB2 on this machine, and ran it. Then I got the crazy idea to quit and see if the sound was working.

Turns out, it started working. Again, I **** you not, but SRB2 fixed my sound card. Everything else I tried doing to fix my sound card failed, but SRB2 made it work again.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know that SRB2 has God-like properties, so I'm not particularly impressed by the power that is SRB2.

But seriously, it could have been something about the system's sound volume. You may have had the wave sound volume at max for all this time, and when SRB2 runs, it changes the wave volume to that which the player changed in the game's options. Who knows? Maybe the fact that it lowered (most likely lowered) the wave volume fixed it. Well, it's the best explanation I have, at least.

Or you may have accidentally kicked the computer and knocked the sound card into place.

But seriously, it could have been something about the system's sound volume. You may have had the wave sound volume at max for all this time, and when SRB2 runs, it changes the wave volume to that which the player changed in the game's options. Who knows? Maybe the fact that it lowered (most likely lowered) the wave volume fixed it. Well, it's the best explanation I have, at least.
Not likely. He said that the computer was giving him diagnostic error messages on the sound card. If it was just a problem of WAV volume being poorly set, the computer wouldn't have recognized it a an error.

Or the error message was a coincidence (and "diagnostics said it was an issue with the sound card frying out" isn't very specific). He didn't say whether he ran the diagnostic again after SRB2 "fixed" it, and likely didn't bother since it was working anyway. If indeed you haven't, Namo, I'm interested in what it has to say now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back