My strangest Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-star

now Known as Player 1.1
Now that's a level name *shot*

Complete with Gravity wack-up and a pool, this is the first level for a mod I like to call, SRB2D.

Screens:

dream.png

dream1.png

dream2.png

dream3.png

dream4.png

dream5.png

Download:

Main Download- FFH
Mirror 1- Save File

How to get past the 2nd starpost:

astar said:
I should have made this more obvious.... oh well.

You need at least 32 rings, then you stand on the sandy patch, the sky will change, and you will find yourself teleported up the cliff you saw before. You'll land on a spring which will take you to the end.

Updates:

Starposts fixed.

very cool wad. You.. dreamt this?!

Kinda makes me want to make a wad of this one dream I had. Of course then again, it started out in a shopping mall and ended in a floating castle with a glass floor. And everyone was a Bomberman...

Dah, anyway, this is really cool. I'd like to see more of your work.

I can't figure out what to do after the second Star Post. (You need to give your star posts different tags, by the way.) But otherwise, I thought it was pretty amusing.

I should have made this more obvious.... oh well.

You need at least 32 rings, then you stand on the sandy patch, the sky will change, and you will find yourself teleported up the cliff you saw before. You'll land on a spring which will take you to the end.

Lemme be the first to say that this wad is rather horrible. Firstly, it's a bit too random. Now, that's just fine if executed correctly, but in this case it was not. The gameplay isn't all that good, and there was little, if not no scenery. Enemies were just in a line, and not all that much a threat to Sonic. The level is also very short, (if you can figure out what to do). Now, this is a bit irrelevant, but SRB2's 2D mode kinda sucks, especially when used randomly. There's good random, and there's bad random. Snowing in space isn't a bad idea though, I would've liked the level better if it wasn't so short, and if that gravity sector with the rings wasn't so weird. I would suggest improving some of the gimmicks, or at least give some hints of what to do with them.

hm... I'm not sure what tp do with the eneimies, I was going to use linedef type 15, but that didn't come out right. So I added springs. I'm not very good with Enemies.

Now, random you say? Well there's no space scenery, and this is icy, not Christmas, so I couldn't add that. I guess I should make it longer, I just got decent Ideas. Got any Ideas to make this work? you can't really get rid of some randomness when there's no actual theme.

Now then, what do you think of this? It changes to a GFZ themed level at the old end, where you need to pass another ring test. More will come. Now for bed.

By the sounds of it, the way to get to the end is far too obscure, you need to at least put a hint as to what you need to do.

This WAD is just lame. I never would have guessed that I needed 32 rings to hit the teleporter had I not looked at this in SRB2DB. Requiring a Ring count to actually complete the level is a horrible idea. Don't do 2D mode; and make sure the level has more than 83 linedefs next time.

Linedef count? Why does it matter? 2D mode, for a 2D mod.

Besides, I'll update this, just not today.

It's extremely hard to make a good Match level using only 83 linedefs. Trying to create a good single-player level using only that many linedefs would be impossible. It means "more effort, please."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back