Srb2 for PSP?!(I've found proof!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalaron

I heard from Chaos Zero 64 that someone is working on an Srb2 port to PSP, is this true, or just a rumor, please I need to know!

It's true, but it's in its very early stages of development, from my understanding.

If there is, it probably wouldn't be fun anyway, guessing on how incomplete it is.

I've done it! After intense searching, I finally found some proof:
srb2-software-mode-psp-17jul2006-at-desktopcon.png

Scrambled data, but as you can see, a picture of some title screen frames are clearly visible.
This picture is about a year old (acording to the url)
hopefully, I can find more recent screenshots of this project.(assuming it's still being worked on.)

And I still don't know who's working on this.....

That hardly looks like an SRB2PSP screenshot, just scrambled SRB2 screenshots from what looks like my VCR on a good day.

Let me put it this way, DashFox2007. There is a working build that is slow for the SRB2 psp build. Nobody is working on the build because I helped debug it a few months back so Alam was able to fix the problems that made the build not work in the first place.

For the GP2X, it was the same thing, I helped debug the build so it began to work properly and now the build works fine. The speed is a bit faster than the psp build.

Now you want to know where to get it. Alam did have the build (Which gets updated every time he does a change to SRB2 in general) , but I don't see it anymore. When I get home, I could put up the build that I know works. I assume your psp is capable of running homebrew because if it isn't, don't bother trying then.

ree-c said:
That hardly looks like an SRB2PSP screenshot, just scrambled SRB2 screenshots from what looks like my VCR on a good day.

It is a screenshot from the psp version, Ree-c. It was running in 8-bit color mode when the psp wants it to be in 16-bit color mode. When I got the build running after getting the GP2X version working correctly, it showed that exact screenshot. Once I changed it to 16-bit in the config file, it fixed that error.

Sonict

Notice that he hasn't posted a link in 6 days, I don't think someone would be at work for 6 days straight, he must be on vacation or something.

Yeah, Sorry about that. I forgot about this as I started doing other things like modding the boards, playing games and such. I have found the link where Alam has the build but I can't link it because it would overload his connection. I will test out the current build when I get home today. (Yes, I will do it this time. Spam me if it doesn't happen.) Once I know that the build works, I'll put it on sendspace for you.

Sonict

P.S Your PSP has to be homebrew capable first or else you shouldn't even bother with this.

OmegaTails said:
Seems interesting...
SRB2 on-the-go for people who don't have a laptop.
Good idea, it seems to me.

Well if you want srb2 on the go but it is still for the pc just ask your parents for a lab top then get wireless internet connection that’s what I did and look at me now my computer is a lab top and have srb2 just save your money for one until srb2 is done for the psp if it gets dropped then use the money you saved to buy the lab top (but I’d also suggest buying a mouse too cause a lab top mouse sucks).

I have tested out the latest build as of:
Code:
SRB2PSP.PBP 2007-Jul-17 12:39:14 1.8M application/octet-stream

This build does work on the psp.

The controls are:

D-Pad: Up, down, left, right
L and R button: Strafe Left and Right
X: Jump
O: Spin
Select: Taunt
The "Triangle" button is the: Light Dash/Toss Flag
Square is the: Reset Camera
"Start" is like the "ESC" key.

The build can be downloaded here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4wt05y

In the download. There is a version for firmware 1.0 and 1.5 . I assume you know how to run homebrew so you should be able to figure it out from here. Just put all of the SRB2 files into the directory like you would with any other PSP homebrew. Don't bother with multiplayer as it won't work and the psp has a limit of either 9 or 16 files loaded at once which causes the PSP to crash so the multiplayer files had to be disabled.

Sonict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back