SRB1 Remake v0.5.1 (s_srb1b5r1.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torgo

A new release is out, it took so long because the button on ice palace act 2 was giving me some problems. There wont be any more public betas after this one, the next version should be the final which may be a shufflarb2 only mod.

Volcano zone

Echindnapolis zone

Skylab zone

EDIT:
I put a fixed srb1sonic in the pack and also fixed the endsigns.

Here is version 0.5.1
MAIN SERVER (srb2FFH v4)
Mirror 1 (srb2FFH v2)
Mirror 2 (sendspace)

Changes from beta 4
-Fish enemy probably fixed
-made the lava zones have shallow lava.
-New levels
-New hopping enemy
-New title screen and music
-other stuff I forgot

Thanks for everyone that helped me test this out.

Credits
Sonikku for making the original Sonic Robo Blast.
Tails92 for suppling the midis from SRB1.
Me for remaking the levels to fit SRB2

I might make the multi player stages, although I haven't tried them yet. I am not sure that 2d multiplayer levels work too well in srb2. The main focus of this pack will be single player.

How did you figure out the highths? They don't look texture friendly, though they do look like they might've been taken from SRB1.

Also, RVZ doesn't like being set as a next level. :(

BlueZero4 said:
How did you figure out the highths? They don't look texture friendly, though they do look like they might've been taken from SRB1.
I am not sure what you mean here. All the textures are in normal srb2.

BlueZero4 said:
Also, RVZ doesn't like being set as a next level. :(
Oops, I should have known something like this would happen. Thanks, I fixed it.

Uggh. I'm talking about heighths such as 128 that are texture-friendly. While yes, those aren't texture friendly heights, I'm just wondering whether you got the heights from guess work or you actually got some real data to work with.

I used guesswork / srb2doombuilder's 3d mode to make little tweaks like jumping heights, textures and thing placement. I actually made the gravity slightly lower to make the textures look a little nicer for 2d mode(sonic can jump to about 128 as opposed to about 104). I also test the sections for jump difficulty and feel of the level. Sometimes I have to use texture unfriendly heights to make feel more like srb1 or to make the level actually beatable.

Excellent work again.

The only problem I'm really having is in the Lava level, where it's too easy to fall off the ledges and into fiery pit of doom. This, however, I don't blame on you. I blame it on SRB2's poor handling of 2D mode. I think that you should kind of patch that up by making the lava only damage you, and you take a spring up.

You should also probably have the lava as a liquid throughout the whole map and put solid floors just below it.

The fish could also simply use F001A0 and F001B0 and SRB2 will read all the angles as that one.

Great idea, and great execution. You really do wonders to what was once a TGF game.

If I had to suggest anything, I'd say that you put the "mod" into this pack, and tweak with the 2D code. Of course, I doubt this will happen, but it would really make this pack shine.

I have little knowledge of programming, I don't think I could pull something like that off. I think AJ mentioned that 1.1 will have a slightly fixed 2d mode, but that isn't going to happen in the near future.
Dark Warrior said:
The only problem I'm really having is in the Lava level, where it's too easy to fall off the ledges and into fiery pit of doom.
Yes I know I have to fix some of the lava pits. I will probably make all the lava pits fire damage. I think I will make the lava actually solid, that way the player would be able to make the jump.
Dark Warrior said:
The fish could also simply use F001A0 and F001B0 and SRB2 will read all the angles as that one.
The problem with that is that the fish will always face one way, I would like for it to be able to face left and right.

Thanks for the comments

Hey Torgo I just played through every singal one of the levels in this mod and it turns out that this mod loops! :eek:

It loops because the mod is not finished yet, it will have a true ending when the mod is finished.

EDIT: I released the old srb1 sonic, since I made it specifically for 2d mode. This means he is slower and easier to control then normal sonic. I didn't want to release the character in the character forum since it is meant only for this mod.

Then just include him in the main pack. It'd work just like any other character wad, but with the levels and whatnot.

Thats the version of the mod, not the srb2 version. I will change that to make it more clear.

I will make the srb1sonic and the mod separate for now. I might want to include a swimming knuckles for one of the levels that need it. I don't think that you can have two chars in one wad, and the knuckles one is more important for that level.

I might decide just to use tails for that level, then I will probably include srb1sonic in the mod.

I have an announcement to make here. I have been working on the mod again and I have done 45-51% of the levels of srb1, at least the basic level design of it. I may release a 0.5 beta version of it soon.

The problem is that I am not too experienced with making things. I want a person that can design things (it only needs one angle since its a 2d mod) and I want to have a person that can soc things.

I am asking for help, so that this mod can be finished faster. If you are interested, I first need to see you recreate this thing shown with better art obviously.

thingze7.png

You can use the password "nokenulak" without the quotes to see how it works in the original srb1.

You can pm me the thing art or soc on either IRC (preferred), or on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back