Unofficial v2.2 Discussion Thread

"Most people rejected her message. They hated toaster because she told them the truth."

I have no idea what everyone's talking about.
Nothing big, just a little discussion about the fact that Toaster (and probably a few other people) like to call v2.2 Tails (or "Smiles") a her. There's always going to be a few running jokes in any game's community.

I seriously don't know why some peeps are getting worked up about what's true and accurate, or for that matter why yall'ses are sharing documents that don't love or respect her. For shame; ye who does not love the fox girl shall not inherit the 2.2.

Anyways, we're kind of getting off topic. I posted an indev splitscreen screenshot on the official discord server's #srb2-discussion featuring her and Sonic; anyone wanna share it? I'm pretty proud of what I did there with the whole automatically Sonic 2 squish it for easy splitscreen modder support. I can offer more details on how easy it is to extend your Lua scripts to take advantage of it if someone puts it here.

I posted an indev splitscreen screenshot on the official discord server's #srb2-discussion featuring her and Sonic; anyone wanna share it? I'm pretty proud of what I did there with the whole automatically Sonic 2 squish it for easy splitscreen modder support. I can offer more details on how easy it is to extend your Lua scripts to take advantage of it if someone puts it here.

I got you

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/357945601855586304/404344886523854870/unknown.png

2.2 Lua leaks?

*opens up Discord and searches for the image in .2 seconds*

i7EjBxO

EDIT: WOW MK AAAAA >:C

lmao, thanks both of you

So basically, it's a video flag which can be applied to V_DrawScaledPatch and its derivatives (V_DrawScaledPatch, V_DrawSmallScaledPatch, V_DrawString, V_DrawCharacter...) and V_DrawFill, which vertically compresses and adjusts the positioning of the patch or fill based on which player it's drawing for. The flag's name is V_PERPLAYER, and it's 100% automatic - no additional special casing unless you really don't want something to be repeated across both screens, such as for NiGHTS special stage mode. Cool, huh? Makes your positioning Lua code less complicated, too...

So, if you write a custom HUD script that produces new elements for time, score, rings, lives etc., all you have to do is add V_PERPLAYER and splitscreen'll just work?

Nice, can't wait to double this.

unknown.png

Last edited:
- I posted an indev splitscreen screenshot on the official discord server's #srb2-discussion featuring her and Sonic; anyone wanna share it? I'm pretty proud of what I did there with the whole automatically Sonic 2 squish it for easy splitscreen modder support. I can offer more details on how easy it is to extend your Lua scripts to take advantage of it if someone puts it here.
So, since that screenshot is shared now and we can see it... I'd like to know, is there/will there be a way to disable that for vanilla SRB2? I personally don't like how... well, stretched/squished it is. (Unless it won't even happen in vanilla SRB2 in the first place and is only there for fully custom HUD elements, with the screenshot simply just showing the effect?)

Last edited:
So, since that screenshot is shared now and we can see it... I'd like to know, is there/will there be a way to disable that for vanilla SRB2? I personally don't like how... well, stretched/squished it is.
The plan is that this is the new vanilla behavior. The main reason is that we too have a lot of random custom HUD elements. For instance, I have no idea off the top of my head where the tag UI is placed in splitscreen. By doing this we basically replace an ugly and broken HUD with a squished but way easier to maintain one.

Ye who does not love the fox girl shall not inherit the 2.2. *snip* ...featuring her and Sonic.
Tails is a girl? Even though this has NEVER been mentioned before?

The only logical conclusion is that Tails has come out as transgender. I support her.

Also. In that splitscreen screenshot, Sonic isnt in his traditional Blue.... Right?

Also. In that splitscreen screenshot, Sonic isnt in his traditional Blue.... Right?

Oh, yeah, should've probably mentioned that. Remember this? I saved my default multiplayer skin colour already because there were some test netgames to fuck around in co-op with a few months ago, and splitscreen is just a form of local multiplayer, so it used that.

My colour choice is "Sapphire", a blue shade specifically designed to 1) look like Mania Sonic's and 2) have an extremely lesbiancore name.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back