How to put multiple maps in one pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knux576

Neighborhood Memer
This may seem like a stupid question, but (lol, the title says it all)
how to put multiple maps into one pack?
Im just asking because I want to try to make a pack.

You must have SRB2 Doom Builder and create an empty wad with the name of the pack. Then you should add the maps to that empty wad.

I'm sorry, I can't remember the rest. But still if I remember something else, I will tell you.

Here are detailed informations. But before all, if you never made at least one map, I highly advice you to don't start with a pack. A lot of begginers in map design want to make one, for some reasons, but they don't understand that even making one good map can be pretty long, and one map is already a lot.

Anyway, if you really want to make a pack... look into this spoiler.
1) Create the wad, by using SRB2 Doom Builder, like rocky said.
2) I hope you know how to handle wads editors like XWE or Slumped ; open a WAD editor like those, copy all the lumps from the wad you created with SRB2 Doom Builder, and past them into this same wad. Then, you'll have two maps. Select again all the lumps in your wad, and past them again in this same wad, and you'll have 4 maps...then 8 maps, etc.
Don't forget to rename the MAPXX lumps according to the level you want to replace (MAP02 for GFZ2, MAP05 for THZ2...)
3) You'll be able to edit the levels when you'll open your wad with SRB2 DB : it will ask you which map would you like to edit : MAP01, MAP02...

... if you had any troubles with the vocabulary of the wad building, then it means it's too soon to start a pack, trust me please -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back