New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
3D Blast just plain didn't let you use them at all.

They teleported you to the boss...... :X

Like JBS said, Sonic team is probably going to make a mistake. Oh, and people going "Don't post sonic cycle!" There are enough games and apology to consider it true.

After 06 --> Sega said they were going to make Sonic games 100% better. Not true after 3 years.

After Unleashed --> Same thing

It's not like they haven't advertised that they were "returning to the classics" like ten times already...

I'll believe it when I see it.

There are enough games and apology to consider it true.

After 06 --> Sega said they were going to make Sonic games 100% better. Not true after 3 years.

After Unleashed --> Same thing

I'll be perfectly honest, the games made after Sonic 06 have all been better than it (besides the terrible GBA port that is Sonic Genesis). I'd even say Sonic Unleashed PS3/360 is 100% better than Sonic 06, despite it just being decent.

Why do I keep seeing this on EVERY topic about Project Needlemouse on EVERY Forum I go to...

Seriously, its because Sonic's fans get more mileage out of hate than the games. In some cases, this isn't their fault, I've had my share of Sonic-06 rants (even though I'd never played the game)... however at this point I don't see why Sonic Team even bothers trying to please their fanbase. Although interviews from Sonic Unleashed did give me some hope that they weren't letting that twist their vision, I still believe that the more they try to shoot for fanservice the more they're going to split their fans up.

I know this sounds cynical, but that Sonic Cycle image was going to surface eventually, though I expected it to come from somebody who's here because they're a Sonic fan, not somebody who's here for the community. I predict that I'll enjoy the game on its own strengths but be afraid to talk about it around other Sonic fans without getting flamed and trolled until I start to wonder why I bother anymore. There's a reason I've been quitting the IRC channel during Sonic debates lately, its because its all the same thing I've heard before... and because there's nothing I'd say in one such debate that I haven't said before.

So uh... cool trailer. Too bad its about fanservice and not about the game. I'd hoped Sonic Team had learned by now that they can't please their fanbase.

EDIT: Note to self, photoshop a Nintendo Cycle out of that image.

Anyway, being that it's a fan project... I bet some people automatically think it won't suck now just because Sega isn't making it. =|

Project Needlemouse is being made an official Sonic game. But the fan-game, Needlemouse: The Emerald Hills, (copied from forum) at http://www.needlemouse.com/ is being made by...well a fan. Pure coincidence that they almost have the same name.

I'll be perfectly honest, the games made after Sonic 06 have all been better than it (besides the terrible GBA port that is Sonic Genesis). I'd even say Sonic Unleashed PS3/360 is 100% better than Sonic 06, despite it just being decent.

Yeah, I must agree. While I don't like Werehog's bland but pretty much glitch free gameplay, I enjoy Sonic Unleashed enough to say that it is worthy of praise. If only for its great speedy daytime levels though they still have nothing on classic, motion based, pinball mechanicy goodness and the large, endless levels of Sonic 3 what with multiple paths and exploration.

Still, since SEGA announced this game, I have been getting impatient. We have a teaser but what about screens and gameplay? Come on and deliver! We have been waiting for years for a game this seemingly fantastic, show off what you have and get us more excited now. Just as long as some stupid thing like I dunno... A giant monster or some new character with no personality comes in, I am good. Just make sure that it truly feels like a faster Sonic 3 and Spinball without any glitches whatsoever or so few to even care.

Still, since SEGA announced this game, I have been getting impatient. We have a teaser but what about screens and gameplay? Come on and deliver!

The game is due out in (most likely late) 2010, so just be patient, they're not going to release footage of their game almost a year before release.

LOL. I still have to admit. I would prefer Sonic 06 over werehog.

...Are you serious?

Anyway, being that it's a fan project... I bet some people automatically think it won't suck now just because Sega isn't making it. =|

I am serious, even game raters rated SU lower then 06. :/ Anyways, the game is not a fan project!

... You're going by people that have consistently rated Sonic games low since Sonic Adventure? You're a bloody loony

Um... they rated SA and SA2 really high, even sonic heroes! What are YOU smoking?

I think ANY sonic fan can admit werehog is horrible. It just is. It filled more then 50% of the game. There are just way too many games that are failing to think this one won't be messed up. What makes me a bloody loony? Just because I'm not thinking that this game is going to be PERFECT? Or that I just can't agree with IGN?

Pfft.

As someone who enjoyed the Werehog portion of Sonic Unleashed, I beg to differ, it may not hav- wait, what am I doing?

Seriously though, is the topic of discussion Needlemouse? How much Sonic games stink? How terrible the Werehog is? The Sonic Cycle? This topic is a perfect example of why I can't stand Sonic communities that still- yknow- talk about Sonic.

Going with JEV here. To debate with you will just kill the topic.

Looking forward to this game. As long as it isn't a rehash of Sonic 1-S3K, I'll be happy.

this is what is buging me, some people are going "its 2D, there hasnt been a 2D one in ages, whoo!", but wasnt the sonic advance/rush games in 2D?

As someone who enjoyed the Werehog portion of Sonic Unleashed, I beg to differ, it may not hav- wait, what am I doing?

Seriously though, is the topic of discussion Needlemouse? How much Sonic games stink? How terrible the Werehog is? The Sonic Cycle? This topic is a perfect example of why I can't stand Sonic communities that still- yknow- talk about Sonic.

It KINDA is on topic. The thing is, it just faraway. Needle Mouse <--- People say it will suck <--- People explain why <--- Goes onto other subjects.

I'm going to cry a river, for this being an HD game....

[16:35] <MidiWarrior> This is sort of why I'm sick of the hype SEGA keeps putting on its games.
[16:35] <Chisuun> Yes
[16:36] <MidiWarrior> Because all of the Sonic communities go bat**** and flail around like some collective farm of fanboys.

No offense, but this just seems like a broken record to me. If there was actually anything about Needlemouse to discuss, then this topic would be great.

All that we know for certain that HD is involved, and that it will be a 2D game. For all we know it could have absolutely nothing to do with the classics at all and instead turn out to be an Unleashed 2 minus the 3D sections and Werehog. The teaser could just as easily be a fanservice shout-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back